Cummins Diesel Forum banner

What do you haul in the bed of your truck.. with pics!

19K views 86 replies 49 participants last post by  Welding Man 
#1 ·
So after 3700+ replies and almost 500,000 views on the tow thread, I figure it's time to start a thread for loads hauled in or on your truck. Campers, sleds, bricks, hay, whatever you got. Just post up a pic of your 4th gen busting its butt!

Some examples in my truck:

See less See more
Reactions: luckyhat12
#2 ·
The quads and sleds. I'll have to get one of my tool box setup.

Attachments

#8 ·
#12 ·
Which model Lance is that? Looks BIG and heavy!

#10 ·
700 square feet of fiber cement siding, a little lumber, and 18 bundles of shingles.

Man did it ride like a caddy with that load!!

#53 · (Edited)
The bed of my truck has a couple full-time residents.

I'm like you. I hall my 5th wheel hitch, a few tow straps and cables, some tools, a full duffle bag of safety gear and first-aid gear. Not much room for haulin' after that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#19 ·
Dirt bikes, snow bikes and snowmobiles. I've never understood toppers. What's the point? I'd rather have an SUV then a truck with a topper.

Attachments

#21 ·
The only reason for a topper over a SUV is hauling in a dry and secure place things like: wet stinky dogs, tools, cargo, fuel, or any other thing you want locked up, and not able to decapitate you in the event of a collision. That said, I hate toppers!

#23 ·
I'll put anything i need to, main reason i got the dually is for stability with heavy loads in the bed rather then loads behind the truck. 3500 pounds between the pallet and the barrel, plus the pipe rack and another couple hundred pounds and random small stuff in the bed. It is so nice to be able to put that kind of weight in the back and go "oh....she still has a rake to her....."

#25 ·
I'll put anything i need to, main reason i got the dually is for stability with heavy loads in the bed rather then loads behind the truck. 3500 pounds between the pallet and the barrel, plus the pipe rack and another couple hundred pounds and random small stuff in the bed. It is so nice to be able to put that kind of weight in the back and go "oh....she still has a rake to her....."

I hope those ratchets aren't cranked down too hard. Since they're attached to the lumber rack rather than the inside of the bed floor, you're using leverage from the pallet material to actually pull the rack away from the truck.

#26 ·
I'm well aware, but the bed rails are plenty stout. The pull is distributed across the entire bed rail and is attached with 6 grade 8 bolts across the top on each side. i inspect it regularly, and if i ever think there is a need to reinforce the mounting i will. as it sits, short of a catastrophic accident, the pipe rack keeps everything in it's place with no issues. The bed tie downs are to darn inconvenient most of the time to actually use for me without crossing straps (which is illegal). but the pipe rack makes everything much more convenient, while still being plenty secure

#27 ·
I figured as much, but I've seen a lot of beds ruined by lumber racks, including overloading them and cracking the sides!

#30 ·
#34 ·
About 2,500lbs of blacksmithing equipment. Unfortunately the Thuren rear coils are a little soft and I didn't have time to install my airlifts before the trip. Was riding about 1.5" off the bump stops. Wasn't too bad of a ride but definitely wouldn't want to be taking winding back roads with it.

#35 ·
Nice looking truck 4406! I love my Thurens up front, must be amazing having them all around!

#36 ·
Yeah I've got all their suspension pieces, just waiting for my Kings to come in so I can install them. Rides like a half ton and can absorb some rough roads at speed now even without the Kings. Rear coils made the ride a lot better but they have about half the spring rate of the stock coils.

#37 ·
Some airbags with Daystars airbag "cradles" would help with the load capability and not affect your empty ride or articulation.

#38 ·
Yeah I've had some daystar cradles in my garage for a couple months, along with my Airlift 5000 Ultimates. The one day I finally had time set aside to install them my floor jack went out on me but I'm hoping to have time to get them on soon.