2020 Redesign - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
2013+ General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 2013 model year differences 6.7L 4th generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING - Sponsored by: StarLite Diesel

57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
2020 Redesign

I spoke with some fellas that are "in the know" about the Ram redesign. They said that the redesign was originally supposed to come out in 2018 but has been pushed back to 2020 due to some new regulations bringing products in from Mexico.

Word on the street is that the trucks will share headlights with the Charger and will have a much more aggressive look. They will also have the addition of power to the up/down function of our tow mirrors.

He also said to look for 1,000 lbs of torque out of the Cummins and a possible reduction in emissions equipment on the trucks.

2016 3500 Big Horn, CCLB, DRW, 4x4, Aisin, 4.10's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 04:14 PM
Diesel Head

Thanked 1,663 Times in 1,169 Posts
That's too bad if it really will be put off that far.

Was checking out a ford, and the technology available on them is really something. And you don't have to go to a 1-ton to get the big torque motor, or buy a $2600 trans to get it either.

Wish RAM was up to their level.
Kaboom likes this.

2015 RAM 2500 LoneStar Mega Cab CTD 2WD Air Ride PRAIRIE PEARLCOAT 02/09/2015
Why I run the truck that I run:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ltngdrvr For This Useful Post:
Kaboom (04-13-2017)
post #3 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 04:23 PM
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr View Post
And you don't have to go to a 1-ton to get the big torque motor, or buy a $2600 trans to get it either.
I'd love a 4x4 2500 with an Aisin and HO motor.
LarimeLimited likes this.

'15 3500 Limited, CTD, SRW, 4X4, Granite Crystal, Mega Cab, Aisin, rear air, 5th wheel prep

post #4 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 04:49 PM
Cummins Nut

crap i just love to have all the power features in the pass seat, let alone having to go almost highest pkg to get half super complicated
full size seat bottom in back seat!
anyway yes one reliable built trans standard option on all (autos)
post #5 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 06:18 PM
Diesel Head

Interesting they are theoretically pushing it off.

Now if they could get the manual trans to accommodate the 1000 ft/lb truck stock I may have to think about it.

Question is if they are reducing the emissions stuff how? Will it be a engine redesign? Cant see any other aspect to change right now unless they are taking from some of the other manufacturers but they have the same basic design if I recall correctly.

2014 3500 Tradesman CCSB, SRW, 6.7, G56

post #6 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 06:35 PM
Diesel Freak

FCA is probably hoping by then to have divested itself of Chrysler/Ram. Put off the resources needed to update the model and let the next buyer of the brand worry about it.

Ram trucks are already behind the competition. Another 3 years, FCA will only be able to depend on the die hard Ram fan boys as customers.

2016 3500 SRW, 6.7, Crew Cab, Long Bed, SLT trim
5th Wheel Tow Pkg
Factory Rear Air Suspension
post #7 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 06:44 PM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnow101 View Post
FCA is probably hoping by then to have divested itself of Chrysler/Ram. Put off the resources needed to update the model and let the next buyer of the brand worry about it.

Ram trucks are already behind the competition. Another 3 years, FCA will only be able to depend on the die hard Ram fan boys as customers.
Maybe but hope not. I did notice at the shipyard I work at we use to have alot of small dodge trucks (whatever ones they are), they switched to the diesel Colorados about a year ago and they seem to be doing really well. Kind of surprised they went with diesels but everyone of them is.

post #8 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 06:45 PM
Cummins Fanatic

The new ford is a very nice truck! I love my 14 but the others are beating it in the tech department for sure.. the ford has the radar cruise and lane keep, panoramic roof and led lights etc...

If for some reason my truck were to be gone like an accident the dealer would have to take a huge ton of cash off to sell me a 17 ram vs superduty. The only considerations for dodge is the Cummins deleted and mega cab.. other than that ford wins every other of my check boxes.

But if it's not till 2020 my 14 Wil hold value better as it will be a "current" truck up until then. And by then if the ram keeps up with ford and I can get a deleted mega cab Cummins I'll sign the dotted line!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

2014 Laramie Limited 2500
20x9 XD Brigade +18mm, 275/65 DC FC2, Aurora LED, EFI Live tuning, Flopro 5" Straight, RAX Jailbreak
The Following User Says Thank You to LarimeLimited For This Useful Post:
Carnutdallas (04-12-2017)
post #9 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 06:47 PM
Diesel Head

Betting the new trucks will have a DOC, and no DPF.

We'll see.

2017 Pearl White Ram 3500 Laramie CCSB SRW
Cummins HO | Aisin | Air | Snow Chief 4x4
post #10 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 07:08 PM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarimeLimited View Post
The new ford is a very nice truck! I love my 14 but the others are beating it in the tech department for sure.. the ford has the radar cruise and lane keep, panoramic roof and led lights etc...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
With the exception of the lights I could do without any of that other stuff. Just a bunch of unnecessary crap that can go wrong and breads dependency and leads to more phone time instead of driving. Eventually the "safest" alternative for everyone as required by the government will be the self driving vehicles for all civilians.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quint For This Useful Post:
5.9 NICK 7.3 (04-23-2017), Long ram 14 (04-12-2017)
post #11 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 07:34 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr View Post
That's too bad if it really will be put off that far.

Was checking out a ford, and the technology available on them is really something. And you don't have to go to a 1-ton to get the big torque motor, or buy a $2600 trans to get it either.

Wish RAM was up to their level.
Honestly best thing they could do is work out a deal with Aisin to get it cheaper for it to be standard in all HD trucks. Look at the price of a Ford & RAM equipped the same, RAM is cheaper already. I've owned nothing but blue ovals and this is my first RAM, for towing and ease of mind I like the RAM (Cummins) more. But the Ford 6.7 is showing to be solid as they keep tweaking it.

16' Laramie 3500 DRW with Aisin & 4.10's. Toyo AT II's 285/75/r17, 2" leveling kit, Westin HDX grill guard, and 95gal Transfer tank.
post #12 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 07:42 PM
Diesel Freakazoid

Garage
the 2 things that catch me, is the power up and down mirrors, and hoping on less emissions. Hoping they get rid of EGR, and keep it gone for a couple years as i will probably be buying in 21 or 22....i can do without the massive torque numbers. they are cool, but just not needed. I'm not looking to haul an excavator and a dozer at the same time behind a truck. Gimme a modern 4bt with an 8 or 10 speed in a 3/4 ton that can put 4k in the bed and haul 12k behind her and i'll be tickled pink while i get great mileage and still have plenty of power and capability. Don't care if i make it to the top of the mountain first, if i pass everyone at the pump and get twice the range, i'll be happy
ADawg, Marct, Long ram 14 and 2 others like this.

2012 MCSB DRW 3500 Laramie Longhorn, EFI Live By ANARCHY Diesel, 4" flopro turbo back with muffler, S&B air box and filter, Edge Insight CTS2, 2" HBS level, Bilstein 5100s in all 4 corners with steering stabilizer, PacBrake Airbags, Lifetime LED headlights and my EGR stuff ran away, lemme know if you find it

SUPPORT SITE VENDORS, THEY MAKE ALL THIS POSSIBLE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode