Aux Switches - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
2013+ General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 2013 model year differences 6.7L 4th generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING - Sponsored by: StarLite Diesel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Aux Switches

I'm having an interesting issue and I was wondering if anyone else would care to try and replicate it. My truck has Aux switches. I recently finished installing on board air and wired the compressors up to Aux 5. I went to change the last state setting to on so that when I turn the truck back on the air compressors would come on to charge up the tank. The setting shows up, but when I try to change it, sometimes it says setting unavailable, other times nothing happens at all. I took it to the dealership and they're talking to engineering to see if that should or shouldn't happen. They also didn't have any other 16s on the lot with aux switches to test it with.

This PDF states it should be possible.
https://www.ramtrucks.com/assets/bbg...ram/ramaux.pdf

If you have the aux switches and you get a chance, please see if you can replicate my problem and post back with what year truck you have and what results you get.

2016 2500 CCSB G56 6.7L Blue Streak Pearl (In case you hadn't guessed)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 06:03 PM
Diesel Head

Did you set the pass code in the commercial settings screen. I know I had to before I could change any switch settings. If not you may enter any 4 digit code to start.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

I didn't change it from the factory 0000, I can change any of the other settings for any of the other switches.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 07:12 PM
Diesel Freak

Garage
Do not change the factory code 0000 or you will be taking it back to the dealer and they will be reprogramming it !.Just for grins you might move your wires to aux switch # 2 and see if it will work for you.I read something about using the last 3 switches and i'm trying to find it now but try 2.

'16 Laramie Longhorn 3500 DRW/CC/LB/3:73/Aisin/11.8 Rearend
Auxiliary switches-I/P Mounted/5th Wheel Towing Prep
60 gal. Aux tank w/toolbox B@W RVK3600 5th wheel hitch
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 07:37 PM
Diesel Freak

Garage
I found this.

Switchs AUX 3,4,5 are set to Ignition; AUX 1, 2 can be either Battery or Ignition (customer choice via 5A fuse location in the PDC – see the Chassis Cab Upfitter Schematic in the Chassis Cab “Upfitter Wiring Interface Instruction” chapter).
AUX 3,4 switchs will maintain “last known state” functionality; AUX 1, 2 will not.
AUX 5 power output is on the light gray connector underhood on circuit 2.

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

TxLaramie, that's the old design. According to the PDF from 2014 that I linked to all the switches should be able to be set to latching or momentary, battery fed or ignition, and last state or no. I just need someone else with a 15, 16, or 17 to try and change the setting to see if it works or not.

post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 08:17 PM
Diesel Freak

Garage
The pdf I took those from I had saved on my puter,the date on it says 02/17/2014.My truck is parked in the garage behind the house all locked up but i'll check tomorrow.

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 08:50 PM
Diesel Head

I'm not gonna say you owe me but it's 18 degrees out and I had my slippers on. On my 15 tradesman, switch 5, all settings are available. That's power, type, and memory. I did have to try memory 2- 3 times, but then again I get all wrapped around the axle with the arrow keys sometimes. On another note. I don't understand the admonition not to change the factory 0000 setting. When I got my truck and was going through trying to program the witches, no code was visible. I called ram and was told the dealer sets the code. That was false. I went out and fooled around, entered 0000 out of pure luck, it worked. I then changed it several times without any problems. I did eventually set it back because I figured I'd forget it sooner or later. Good luck.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 08:58 PM
Cummins Fanatic

No such issue on my '17

Are you sure its set to latching and not momentary?
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 09:18 PM
Diesel Head

I noticed, in the PDF, it says #5 can't be changed if equipped with a pto. If you don't have one, is it possible something was changed in the menu settings to enable the pto?

Jeff.

2014 Mineral Gray 2500 CC SB Laramie 4wd, 6.7, auto, Toyo Open country AT2 285-75-18's.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 09:18 PM
Diesel Freak

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhenderson View Post
I'm not gonna say you owe me but it's 18 degrees out and I had my slippers on. On my 15 tradesman, switch 5, all settings are available. That's power, type, and memory. I did have to try memory 2- 3 times, but then again I get all wrapped around the axle with the arrow keys sometimes. On another note. I don't understand the admonition not to change the factory 0000 setting. When I got my truck and was going through trying to program the witches, no code was visible. I called ram and was told the dealer sets the code. That was false. I went out and fooled around, entered 0000 out of pure luck, it worked. I then changed it several times without any problems. I did eventually set it back because I figured I'd forget it sooner or later. Good luck.
"Chris Borczon,who is the Ram Engineering man that talks on youtube says it is 0000 and if you don't know it you need to go to the dealer and get it or if you put in something else then you will need to go to the dealer and have them reset it."

Since he is one of the Ram engineers I figure he knows what he is talking about.I have watched his video, Auxiliary Switches and Upfitter Wiring enough times I figured I don't need to experiment and need to take a unexpected trip to the dealer.

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

JHenderson, if you're ever in NC let me know, I'll buy you a beer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode