2016 big horn - big problems ! - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
2013+ General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 2013 model year differences 6.7L 4th generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING - Sponsored by: StarLite Diesel

27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
2016 big horn - big problems !

Picked up my new truck back in December and I have a ton of problems. I need some serious advice.

Some background the truck is a 2016 crew cab short box, big horn, g56 transmission.

There are a lot of issues so I'll try to be brief with each. The first problem I have is my 5" tbe w no muffler is ridiculous. It sounds like one of those big rigs. It's so throaty and deep, unbelievable. The exhaust brake.... deafening.

Second problem Is the power is way too much with my tuner. It has too much power and I'm not sure my tires are going to last very long.

3rd there is this loud whistle sound coming from what sounds like in front of the passenger side of the dash when accelerating. Sounds like something is just whipping air around somehow. I'm not really sure.

4th my engine does not get very hot , especially not very quick. It's weird ever since I put my exhaust on it takes forever to warm up. I want to be warm idk whats up with this truck.

Also since making these changes my truck has been making up lies. Mpg has been 19 avg and 22-23 highway. Originally was 14 avg 17-18 highway. I just don't like liars.

With all these problems I couldn't help but joke around a bit. Love my truck!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 09:54 PM
Diesel Head

Glad you love your truck.

If it's to loud you can put a muffler on it.

I tried putting a muffler on my wife but it didn't work, so I just had to get rid of her instead.

2012 Ram 2500 Laramie CCLB 6.7,4x4, Fully Deleted, BD Air Horn, EFI Live w/ Trans Tune, AFE DFS780 Lift Pump, Injen Evo CAI, Riding 35x12.50's on 20's, SnugTop,Amsoil Bypass Filter & Oil, RetroShop FXR Projectors w/ HID's, Morimoto LED Fog's, Back Seat Fold Down Hack. Titan 60 Gal Mid-Ship Tank.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 10:04 PM
Cummins Nut

How are you liking the G56. Seriously considering trading for a manual.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2011.5 CCSB 6.7HO,SRW,3.73, 4x4,68rfe, 17x8 Ultra Whls 285x75x17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 2 inch level kit, 1.5 inch blocks rear, B&W Turnover Ball/Stow n Go,NFAB Steps, Mag Hytec, Edge Insight Cts, XRT Pro. 5in. Ext, S&B CAI, Rancho RS7000 Shocks.Bakflip G2

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 10:46 PM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by deangelo View Post
Picked up my new truck back in December and I have a ton of problems. I need some serious advice.

Some background the truck is a 2016 crew cab short box, big horn, g56 transmission.

There are a lot of issues so I'll try to be brief with each. The first problem I have is my 5" tbe w no muffler is ridiculous. It sounds like one of those big rigs. It's so throaty and deep, unbelievable. The exhaust brake.... deafening.

Second problem Is the power is way too much with my tuner. It has too much power and I'm not sure my tires are going to last very long.

3rd there is this loud whistle sound coming from what sounds like in front of the passenger side of the dash when accelerating. Sounds like something is just whipping air around somehow. I'm not really sure.

4th my engine does not get very hot , especially not very quick. It's weird ever since I put my exhaust on it takes forever to warm up. I want to be warm idk whats up with this truck.

Also since making these changes my truck has been making up lies. Mpg has been 19 avg and 22-23 highway. Originally was 14 avg 17-18 highway. I just don't like liars.

With all these problems I couldn't help but joke around a bit. Love my truck!

Diesels take a while to get hot. Nothing new there. Years ago I sprung a leak of coolant from the lower hose. I drove to the dealer many miles away - the temp never budged. I get 17-19 mpg no sweat there. I know nothing about tuning.

2013 CTD3500, Still the best truck, CCLB, SRW, BigHorn, Mineral Gray, BWGN, Andersen hitch, Amsoil bypass, TransferFlow tank, <43k miles, 37' Challenger 5th WhL.
15 Grand Cherokee Nice !
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 11:56 PM
World Champs!!!

Thanked 7,671 Times in 4,771 Posts
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean M. View Post
How are you liking the G56. Seriously considering trading for a manual.
It's a step backwards. Don't do it.

'07 3500 SRW QC/LB-EFILive w/Silverbullet Tuning-Goerend-WOP triple turbo-200% Exergy-Carli Backcountry
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'03 2500 QC/LB. HO/NV-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-HE351v-Southbend-TNT/R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Common View Post
Why would you buy a Hellcat for road trips?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorSmokPls View Post
Because you can
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 07:20 AM
Cummins Nut

I just can't seem to get used to the way this aisin is programmed. Maybe a small tune, I just don't know.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2011.5 CCSB 6.7HO,SRW,3.73, 4x4,68rfe, 17x8 Ultra Whls 285x75x17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 2 inch level kit, 1.5 inch blocks rear, B&W Turnover Ball/Stow n Go,NFAB Steps, Mag Hytec, Edge Insight Cts, XRT Pro. 5in. Ext, S&B CAI, Rancho RS7000 Shocks.Bakflip G2
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 07:40 AM
Diesel Head

Take it back to whoever you paid to remove all the emissions equipment. The dealers in my area do not like to touch deleted trucks. You voided your warranty, and it is probably loud because you removed both the mufflers, and now it sounds like every other straight piped truck!

2017 Laramie Longhorn, 3500 CCLB, DRW, AS69RC, 4.10 geared, Air Suspension. 2015 Dynamax Triology 38RL
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

Ha I hope most of you realize this was a joke to make light of things! I love it loud its my second 6.7, G56, I like to shift. Both mufflers? There is only one bub, gone now anyways. I like that it doesnt get hot, keeps things cool, less wear on the internals, shell run forever.

On a g56 note @Dean M. , its not a step backwards but it is a dog stock. It needs tuning to run correctly. I really like the manual trans with the tuning and deletes, runs great and sounds amazing. Its a personal preference you have to invest the time and money to get it right. I like to be in control of what gear I want to run.

Seriously though you guys kill me, thought I was serious! hahaha we CAN have some fun on here right?!?
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

Also paid to remove emissions equipment? NO ONE touches my truck. Now if I could only find a way to do accurate alignments! They get to touch it, and those... people... who have to touch it for inspections. I did not buy my truck for the warranty. Build it smart, run it smart, it will last forever.
Friendofcoal76 likes this.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 05:11 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Thanks for all these great tips!
Cumminsdeere likes this.

2011,4wd LB/CC 2500 H&S Mini MCC by Tommygun, BD protect 68rfe VB seperator plate enhanced stall triple disk TC, Super B 64.5/80/.80 3rd gen mani & inline EB, Arp 425s, Fass Titanium 95. Spare Mini in my closet.
High tech old school and finally lovin it.
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 05:40 PM
Diesel Head

Still on the stock clutch? Fyi your humor was obvious.

Ram 14 2500 RIP 14,700 Stock. 68RFE."The Lemon"
Ram 15 3500 Dually. Stock. Aisin. N Fab wheel to wheel. Weather Tech Mats. Big D Steering Box Brace.
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 05:50 PM
Happy Camper

Sorry to hear your truck has been getting such turbull fuel mileage,
cant help you

Gerry
2011 white Ram crew cab short box, Viair, train horns, Amp bed step
2010 Sandpiper 345RET, 40ft 5th wheel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode