Is Cummins done with Ram?? - Page 10 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
2013+ General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 2013 model year differences 6.7L 4th generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING

126Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #109 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 12:38 PM
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67guzzler View Post
Your post makes no sense to me.

You started discussing your 10 year old truck in the 2013+ section and then saying that these 4th gen trucks suck except for the Cummins engine based upon your experiences with your 10 year old truck.

The 3rd gens were built during a time period where Chrysler was enduring much difficulty. They had cerberus capital who bled the company dry and invested nothing in product development and improvement. And then the failed merger of equals with MB. During this time period they invested little in the body / chassis development. Much of the changes / improvements were to the Cummins engines which did improve because Cummins kept updating them -- all the way to the common rail systems beginning in 2004.

Though decent, the 3rd gen trucks did not have a proper investment of resources to keep up to the competition.

Playing Catchup -- Starting in 2009 for the 1500's and 2010 for the 2500 / 3500 / C&C trucks they made huge investments in body, fit, finish and paint. The 2010-2012 trucks were the first step. The 2013+ trucks were the 2nd step with HUGE upgrades in computer management, electronics, features and creature comforts.

Now you said you rented a 2015 (? possibly) truck and it was better but you don't say what's wrong with it. So your points are now quite foggy.

I bought a 2017 6.4L HEMI 2500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab. It doesn't suck. The quality, fit, finish and interior materials are stunning. It has zero delivery defects and initial quality is 100%. I'm embarrassingly picky.

I think you're wrong and living in the past and stating very old "conventional wisdom" which is wholly inaccurate in 2017.

-Guzzler
Mr. Guzzler,

I am terribly sorry. It is clear that I broke forum rules/etiquette, and posted in a section that I am not allowed to post in. I saw the thread in the 'recent discussion' section on the right side of my browser window, and forgot to check if my truck fell into that category or not, before reading the thread.

I am extremely happy that you are pleased with your Ram HEMI truck. I wish you all the best with it moving forward.

Have a nice day
PE

67guzzler and kromealt like this.

2006 Ram, CTD, Mega Cab, 4x4, AT
I'll keep my God, my guns and my freedom, Barry can keep his 'change'
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Polar Express For This Useful Post:
67guzzler (01-10-2017), Cummins2014 (01-10-2017), kromealt (01-10-2017), Ram4Sam (01-10-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #110 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 01:14 PM
Tom O'Brien Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralmeida View Post
Cummins makes engines. why wold they want to build a truck for? spend billions on R&D, billions on a factory, to get 0 return....They do sell a great deal of 6.7's to FCA, but it wont affect there bottom line if the deal breaks. It's all about the Benjamins.
I have walked the production floor at the "B" plant more times than I can count. I can assure you that if Cummins motors stopped going into Ram trucks their bottom line would be affected.
Rimcrew, 67guzzler and boshog like this.
post #111 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 01:34 PM
Buyer of stuff..with OPM

I rememberwhen I bought my first cummins in 1991. The salesman was a tool, kept trying to sell me a gasser.....he was sure the cummins thing was just a fad, they wouldn't be around in a year or two......and when I went to sell it, I would have a hard time giving it away.....

Sam
Rimcrew and Murray Welding like this.

2016 3500 Laramie SRW(no fat chick) 4x4 CC LB ,Aisin,white w/brn-beige,,TOB/companion built 9/2015
Owned and gone, 1991 d250
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
... 2001.5 2500qc
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...2014 3500 FCA buyback

Drivin' a Dodge Cummins since 1991.......
2008 Thor jazz 2870UK 5er....and 3 dogs.....
Search nazi's.......give it rest already....don't be an EDIC....
The Following User Says Thank You to Ram4Sam For This Useful Post:
Andy1981 (01-12-2017)

post #112 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 01:35 PM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indytruckchampion View Post
I have walked the production floor at the "B" plant more times than I can count. I can assure you that if Cummins motors stopped going into Ram trucks their bottom line would be affected.
At the rate the EPA and CARB are going, they will drive us all into Hemi's more than the loss of Cummins would. Many things to be said about the lack of smog devices on the 6.4. But the power of the Cummins beats it. If a non-Cummins diesel with no smog devices could be had, many would leave the Cummins.
Fit and finish is better but who would think the 3rd brake light would leak.
67guzzler likes this.

2014 White Laramie 2500 CCSB 4x4, 6.7, Keyless go, buckets, Romik steps, Michelin Defender 295-70-18 tires, Snugtop Supersport. Big spoiled Bernese Mtn dog in the back seat. Wind River 250RDSW bumper pull TT (31ft, 7K LBS.) 2003 2500 4x4 5.9 best ever, SOLD.
post #113 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 02:48 PM
→ True Blue ←

Thanked 3,562 Times in 2,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Express View Post
Mr. Guzzler,

I am terribly sorry. It is clear that I broke forum rules/etiquette, and posted in a section that I am not allowed to post in. I saw the thread in the 'recent discussion' section on the right side of my browser window, and forgot to check if my truck fell into that category or not, before reading the thread.

I am extremely happy that you are pleased with your Ram HEMI truck. I wish you all the best with it moving forward.

Have a nice day
PE
Why thank you. I wish you the same with your 3rd gen truck!

I'm sure everyone appreciates everyone's input in all parts of the forum regardless of the truck they're lucky enough to own. I didn't mean to suggest that because someone owns something (or doesn't own something) they can't opine. Of course anyone can have an opinion. I would just debate the logic of the comparisons.

I hope, if you want one, that someday you get a 4th gen truck. I think you'd be very impressed -- and not just because of the engine you choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
Fit and finish is better but who would think the 3rd brake light would leak.
You're not kidding. That center brake light issue is unacceptable. I'm going to open mine when I replace the bulbs with LED's and seal it up good so I won't have to worry.

-Guzzler

2017 2500 Crew 6.4L HEMI™ 66RFE 4x4 Laramie / "
" /

2013 3500 Crew CTD G56 SRW 4x4 Tradesman /
/ Sold
2010 2500 Mega CTD 68RFE 4x4 Laramie /
/ Sold

"Please don't complain about trivial & inane things about your truck."

Last edited by 67guzzler; 01-10-2017 at 03:43 PM.
post #114 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 05:12 PM
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cux211 View Post
What year Denali is it. That new L5P motor and upgraded Allison is a beast zero torque management from start to finish

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
about damn time, my '13 had so much torque management i ended up selling it!
post #115 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 05:44 PM
Diesel Head

Yeah Kory (ppei) I hear put a 17 dmax on the rollers bone stock and it put down 412rwhp and high 700's torque no tuning no nothin

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

06 laramie mega debadged 5'' tbe, s&b cai, gdp 5.9 airboss, ats arcflow, airdogII 165/w beans sump, isspro gauges,arp 625's, firepunk comp2, hamilton 103's,extreme duty push tubes,ED/S&S 100%overs,ats duel pumps, efi by Gordon. need donations for compounds
post #116 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hihocarp View Post
So the guy on Fb is full of shiite then. He's saying that once Fiat has used up the ''remaining Cummins engines they will be installing their own. Love my I-6 cummins and would never want to go to a V8.
Cummins builds a V8. It's in the Nissan Titan XD.

-Safety is no accident, unless you accidentally leave the safety on when you intend to shoot.

07.5 2500, 6.7L, G56, 11.5 Rear, 2 Wheel, Deleted sub throttle valve, Factory Cat and Muffler, Smarty SR ME Tuned (Level 1 Econ), 3in Leveling Kit(Coil Spacer)
Manual everything (Locks, Windows, Trans), Don't need that crap breaking.
post #117 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 12:01 PM
Cummins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSM24 View Post
I'm too poor now to ever buy a new diesel truck whoever makes the engine. I saw a GM Duramax for $78k. The prices of today's heavy duty trucks are insane. I will say I'd buy a Nissan/Cummins before I would ever buy a Ram/Ecodiesel. It's cheaper to fix things to keep my truck going than fork out the insane money for a new truck. My trucks paid for, reliable, and will be driven into the ground.
I'm with you on that. When you say, "These trucks are rediculously overpriced," most like to reply, "Don't be a hater because you can't afford one." That's not even the case. I can afford one, but that's a sick amount of change for something over valued. I know guys that will trade in their 2 year old truck just as soon as a change is made in the looks, something as stupid as a new headlight look, or "look how they changed up the grill," "U see that new crease they put in the fender? " lol ... whether the truck has made a gain in performance or not.
Ford done went vertical with that silver tag on the front fender, y'all watch out and don't get ran over by that goofball hauling tail to go trade in his outdated 2016. Lmao.
post #118 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 12:16 PM
Diesel Head

Thanked 1,276 Times in 715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSM24 View Post
I'm too poor now to ever buy a new diesel truck whoever makes the engine. I saw a GM Duramax for $78k. The prices of today's heavy duty trucks are insane. I will say I'd buy a Nissan/Cummins before I would ever buy a Ram/Ecodiesel. It's cheaper to fix things to keep my truck going than fork out the insane money for a new truck. My trucks paid for, reliable, and will be driven into the ground.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky77340 View Post
I'm with you on that. When you say, "These trucks are rediculously overpriced," most like to reply, "Don't be a hater because you can't afford one." That's not even the case. I can afford one, but that's a sick amount of change for something over valued. I know guys that will trade in their 2 year old truck just as soon as a change is made in the looks, something as stupid as a new headlight look, or "look how they changed up the grill," "U see that new crease they put in the fender? " lol ... whether the truck has made a gain in performance or not.
Ford done went vertical with that silver tag on the front fender, y'all watch out and don't get ran over by that goofball hauling tail to go trade in his outdated 2016. Lmao.
The price creep on the new diesel trucks is nothing short of shocking. Oftentimes people try to blame it on "expensive emissions systems" but when you look at gas vehicles, the same price creep can be found there.

It's due to cheap money financing. The more borrowers willing to line up for a shearing via long term loans, the more you can charge for the "prize." As somebody who prefers to pay cash for things, I'm not enamored of the situation, but I carry on with my life and just continue to live debt free, knowing I'll buy something at a fire sale during the next recession, be it new from a dealer or slightly used from somebody who hung themselves on a debt noose.
67guzzler and crispyboy like this.

'97 3500 4x4 CC DRW, 4.10's, Banks PowerPack, BD tc, vb, eb, 60# springs, Torqloc, gauges...
'92 CC W350 DRW sold
'92 CC D350 DRW sold '12 Laramie CC 3500 4x4 SRW sold
post #119 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 12:18 PM
Cummins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbear View Post
The price creep on the new diesel trucks is nothing short of shocking. Oftentimes people try to blame it on "expensive emissions systems" but when you look at gas vehicles, the same price creep can be found there.

It's due to cheap money financing. The more borrowers willing to line up for a shearing via long term loans, the more you can charge for the "prize." As somebody who prefers to pay cash for things, I'm not enamored of the situation, but I carry on with my life and just continue to live debt free, knowing I'll buy something at a fire sale during the next recession, be it new from a dealer or slightly used from somebody who hung themselves on a debt noose.
Right on!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
post #120 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 12:36 PM
Cummins Fan

And I misspelled "ridiculously." I knew it didn't look right.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode