Cummins Diesel Forum banner

mud flaps?

4K views 34 replies 22 participants last post by  Canuck12 
#1 ·
what are you guys running? the front of my enclosed trailer is getting the crap beat out of it above the rock guard so I'm gonna have to do something about it because the trailer is brand new, I've been looking at weather techs not sure if there are any others worth looking into

#2 ·
99% of people on here are going to say duraflap.

#11 ·
I run Rock tamers for my enclosed trailer. They slip on your receiver hitch so you dont have to leave on the truck all the time. I also have regular mud flaps on the truck. Been working great on mine keeping rocks and road grime off.

http://www.rocktamers.com/mudflap/systems.asp

#13 ·
I run Rock tamers for my enclosed trailer. They slip on your receiver hitch so you dont have to leave on the truck all the time. I also have regular mud flaps on the truck. Been working great on mine keeping rocks and road grime off.

Rock Tamers : Rock Tamers Systems
I looked at these also, thought about maybe trying to build one, so.etchings gotta give cause my trailer is getting painted with rocks and mud on these atv trips, offset wheels and aggressive tires aren't helping matters

#17 ·
Maybe take a look at CRE mudflaps. I don't have exp. With them but seen some people running the. Considerably cheaper.

#22 ·
I run the Husky flaps on mine. I originally bought the OEM molded flaps but returned them as they didn't fit right due to variance in fitment of the factory flare. I'm really impressed with the Husky's, and they come with paint protection film that will help prevent the paint from being damaged by the flap. I had a line cut in the paint on all four corners on my 2015 Ram from the factory molded flaps.

#25 ·
I got the duraflaps cause I read good reviews on here about them. I got the lifted truck brackets custom made to my measurements and flaps cut to my measurements. They are low enough for protection but high enough to stay out of the way while I'm off road. They say they are anti sail and they really don't move much unless it's windy then I can hear the fronts hitting my side steps. I noticed while I was driving half way across the country and back that in the rain they shoot all the water out to the side. That might have been because of the trailer but the water was shooting out about 3 feet off to the side of the truck and trailer. Customer service was great. I had gotten pulled over for no mud flaps the day before. I ordered at about 12:30 over the phone(and told them I got pulled over for no mud flaps) and my flaps shipped by 3 o'clock. I got them 2 buisness days later(ordered Friday, received tuesday). Only issues I have is my front tires rub at full turn and backing up due to the tires are bigger than what's recommended and required some trimming, and with the lifted truck brackets that puts the flaps close to the stock tailpipe and it touches and melts a bit.

#27 ·
If its just the for the trailer I would run the Rock Tamers. I have some mudflaps made by Trigger Industries. Super high quality and I think they look great but they're pretty pricey.

#28 ·
I may eventually build something similar to a rock tamer setup to run in conjunction with the trucks mud flaps, my offset wheels are beating my paint up pretty bad under the doors of the truck so it needs flaps for its own good as well

#29 ·
I ran a pipe across the back, just behind the hitch receiver, and bolted 4 mud flaps to it.
There's a couple of easy mounting brackets under each side, no drilling needed.

Only trouble is that the mud flaps I got are pretty cheap.
Hit something and ripped one right off.
Get good, thick, reinforced mud flaps if you do this.
Or reinforce the cheap ones with bolt-on metal straps like I did afterwards.

#30 ·
i don't understand why every dealer doesn't install 'em on all duallies --- better advertising than a little sticker on the tailgate.

downside is that the install quality may not be the best... both of mine toe in slightly and I noticed that just about every single truck that had them on the lot was in the same boat

#33 ·
looks good, I think I follow ya I'm gonna crawl under the truck this weekend and see if I can come up with some sort of quick detach system, I'm no fabricator but I've build more complicated things in my life lol

#34 ·
I went with weathertech and love them

#35 ·
Another vote here for duraflaps, mine are fantastic as well. Had them made custom, picked the offset and length. They are heavy duty and work great with bigger tires and wheel offsets. Well worth the $$

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.