Cummins Diesel Forum banner

What's the lowest psi you can go without setting off low psi sensors

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  VikingDiesel 
#1 ·
Hi all how low can you set ur tires below 80psi without setting sensors off????

#2 ·
Mine goes off if I drop below 70psi in the rear.

#3 ·
Make one of these and put it in the middle of the speedometer. It hides the yellow TPMS light and the green headlight on light.

Attachments

Reactions: Tiny42581
#6 ·
I disabled my TMPS with my bullydog before I sold it, so know more warning messages popping up on my display. But the little warning light stays lite, I just got used to it over time. I keep mine at 65 front and 55 rear unless I'm towing heavy.

#9 ·
Well, I had a flat and the sensor never went off. I mean on the rim flat. It even said 0 and never set off a sensor. So there's that.

#11 ·
I am pretty sure the law requires the alarm to occur at 25% below the placard pressure. But Ram appears to have taken the safe route with 20%. 80psi --> 64 psi alarm pressure. I had my TPMS pressures changed to 60 psi all around so I now get the warnings at 48 psi. I am sure mine never alarmed at 70 psi before I had it reprogrammed. I have been running 65 psi in front and 55 psi in the rear almost from day one, even with the warning and light (before I had it reprogrammed). It is still too much for running empty but it gives me the ability haul or carry a load whenever I need to. No way was I going to run full-load tire pressures in the rear just because some stupid light on the dash was lit up.

#12 ·
I run 55F/50R (when empty) and deal with the stupid light and warning message. I'm close to making a cutout like Terb showed above - downright silly that is even a thought on an expensive truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.