Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Any way to disable remote start horn?

9K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  AL_12cummins 
#1 ·
Is there any way to disable the horn that goes off twice with the factory installed remote start? Probably sounds like a silly question but during the winter (Northern Canada, Cold and lots of snow/Ice) I start my truck up remotely using the key fob to warm it up. The problem is I am doing this at 5 am before I go to work and I doubt my neighbors like it! Has anyone done this or know if its possible? Is this something an EFI programmer could do?

Thanks

#3 ·
How do you know his truck has the 8.4?

Doesn't really matter, just thought that assumption was funny.

Any of the trucks with remote start can have the horn sound or not, and it is turned on or off from the settings in any of the radios in the remote start trucks.

#5 ·
My wife hates that I turned off the "honk" when you lock it option, but I get home from driving snowcat at 3 or 4am sometimes. I also doubt my neighbours want to hear me honk then. It also flashes the lights, so I think it's pretty easy to tell if it's locked or not!

#8 ·
Without knowing what system you have it would be hard to say. I would think that you could find that info in the owners manual or if you don't have the manual then you might search the web and find it for your particular unit.

#9 ·
My current 12' and I also had a 14' before this one and both of them you could disable it by going to the system setup menu on the display screen on the dash just scroll down on the settings menu and on my 12' it is right above "Horn with Remote Lock" option. It is actually labeled "Horn with Remote Start"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.