Cummins Diesel Forum banner

The Hulk Build Thread

86K views 578 replies 101 participants last post by  Drle 
#1 ·
So, picked up The Hulk on Wednesday from Ken from Bob Schwartz Ram. 2016 2500 CTD Hills Green, 4x4 popular group, cold weather, snow chief, 5.0, backup cam and sensors, 5th wheel prep.

Started about 6am this morning, pulled The Hulk in

Purchased a Rough Country spacer kit with shocks

Shocks and sway bar disconnected

No springs or shocks

All bolted back together

Took about 30 minutes to get all apart. Had to wait on something to open because I couldn't find a 13/32 drill bit. Went and shot the breeze at the parts store about the old Cummins and saw another buddy, got back home about 7:30 and was done wrenching by 8:20.

Then headed to the tint shop to get the fronts done.
Tinted and leveled

Tuesday is paint match!

See less See more
#5 ·
....and me!

You dented it already??? Wow

Other than the door it looks great!
Yeah, it will buff out. Got the painter on speed dial!

I see you waste no time! Very nice!
I wasted 2.5 months on the other truck. Not wasting any more time!

Wife said they couldn't get in it. Didn't have time to plastidip, will take them back off and plastidip or order nfabs.

#8 ·
Thanks sir!!!

Great looking truck. One day i want to build an omaha orange and black themed dually. Ram has done a great job with its fleet color options.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I love it!! Fits my personality, I don't care what people think and The Hulk says that, I like it and who cares otherwise!!!

Where's Waldo???

Sitting on flat ground, perfectly level

#11 ·
Lookin' good!!!!! :party018:

Reactions: w6pea
#14 ·
I was contemplating that one. :thumbsup:

#18 ·
Thanks I am loving it. I was sitting I the truck with the girls, while my wife was in Hobby Lobby and was people watching. It was comical (no pun intended) watching people's reactions to The Hulk. One lady had a WTF look on her face and then told her husband something, he smiled as he liked it.

Nice now time to get some fogs and led light bar
Priorities man, priorities. May ask for a light bar for xmas. Trying to think of a tasteful way to adding a small Hulk to the back window. The wife and kids are going nuts with the theme. I got an early xmas present to go in the man cave. I had to pose with it for the fam.

Reactions: RayK and CRDIOKC
#20 ·
Who's that goober in the picture......that guy from the Hobby Lobby parking lot??? :stirpot: :shock: :rof :S:

#22 ·
Rough country spacer with n2o shocks. Couldn't cough up the coin for the Thuren or Carli stuff yet....Christmas time

#31 ·
Nice.... How is the ride? Owned one lift from rough County (jeep tj) and rode horrible... Very stiff then went directly over to currie and it was an amazing ride. Don't want to drop coin at this point for a quality level kit... Saving for a tt.... Impressions from stock ride? Thanks!
Ride seems the same. It is just a spacer kit, so stock springs. The only difference is the shocks, but I didn't notice a change.

#30 ·
Nice.... How is the ride? Owned one lift from rough County (jeep tj) and rode horrible... Very stiff then went directly over to currie and it was an amazing ride. Don't want to drop coin at this point for a quality level kit... Saving for a tt.... Impressions from stock ride? Thanks!

#43 ·
Sitting here lmao at the Hulk in purple!!!!

#46 · (Edited)
Ford Motor Sports -

If only you were closer, I would trade ya. I have my front grill painted the green to match and I am actually starting to not like it. I seen a blue truck on here that has the Black grill and everything else color matched and it looks good. Now that I have my winter grill cover on, it really makes me think i should have left the grill black.

#53 ·
Nice !!!!!

#57 ·
Thanks

Perfect Fordmotorsports! You nailed it! Really looks good
Thanks, just need wheels now!!!

Looks great. Were they able to match the green perfectly?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Looks good under fluorescent light. I haven't seen it in sunlight yet. It was still soft when I put it back together, so it has a little drying to do. My buddy gave me the hook up. My labor today in his shop and did all the wrenching for the color match!!!

Reactions: Jared Herzog
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.