Cummins Diesel Forum banner

EGR delete kit

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  yamaharider529 
#1 ·
I'm about to delete my 2014 and wondering if its bad to remove the exhaust back pressure sensor. I seen some egr kits remove it completely and some do not. Wasn't sure if this made a difference or not. I read on another page that by removing it could be bad for your head gasket? Just want to see what you guys think and which kit to go with. Thanks

#2 ·
Depends on tuner

I know someone who needs their EPS plugged in for the exhaust brake to work.

I on the other hand don't need the EPS for my exhaust brake to work.

2 scenarios 2 different tuners.

Go with the kit offered by HPP. I know I know every other post I write is always in favor of HPP. But hey, can you agree, if you've had zero issues with a tuner and their parts wouldn't you want others to have the same experience??

#4 ·
That's the kit I went with is from HPP and also there autocal. I seen where there kit deletes the sensor. Was just curious if it hurt deleting the sensor.

#5 ·
You're in good hands. They wouldn't make you delete something you needed, and/or keep something you didn't need.

I too was puzzled at first. I saw this stubby plug and thought "what the heck is this for". Then from the help of another member on here he told me the same thing I told you.

#6 ·
Thank you guys for your help I'm still learning too. You all made me feel at ease with his kit.

Reactions: nick00less
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.