Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Tradesman owners group----what have you done

996K views 4K replies 464 participants last post by  Kingsize 
#1 ·
I tried a search, did not find a thread directing me towards my specific inquiry.

If you have a tradesman, what modifications have you done to "upgrade" your tradesman to get options upper models have. Im not talking about things like 4.56 gears, or deletes or such, but things like upgrading the 3.4 and to what, factory or aftermarket, or installing overhead....yadda yadda. How did you do it, parts from where? How much?

#3 ·
great thread

Awesome idea for a thread. I haven't done any slt/Laramie upgrades, but have a question!

Anyone put the switchable rear dome light in a tradesman? My kids always want the lights on when we are night driving and I hate having the map lights on too. It would be great if that is an easy swap from an SLT.

I know several folks have upgraded to the fancy instrument cluster. I may get around to that one of these days.

#3,795 ·
great thread

Awesome idea for a thread. I haven't done any slt/Laramie upgrades, but have a question!

Anyone put the switchable rear dome light in a tradesman? My kids always want the lights on when we are night driving and I hate having the map lights on too. It would be great if that is an easy swap from an SLT.

I know several folks have upgraded to the fancy instrument cluster. I may get around to that one of these days.
I read this and laughed... guess my question is... who is the parent? Why does a kid need a light on in a vehicle?

Maybe we need to go back in time when parents actually talked/yelled at their kids during drives/trips.

I don't know; maybe conversation with the people in the vehicle, I SPY; what license plates do you see? Unplug and get to know your kids... just a thought

#2,105 ·
How was the process? I'm looking at putting one in soon. Did it come with a new fob?

#20 ·
Well the only 'factory' upgrade I've done is a set of MOPAR Cab Clearance Lights. The kit cost about $100 from Ram and it includes everything you need. Oh and there is a wire already installed on your passenger side that this setup connects to.

Everything else on my tradesman is aftermarket accessories/deletes/upgrades.

#22 ·
I added the plastic OEM fuel cap with lanyard ($20), OEM transfer case skid plate ($40), OEM rubber floor (slush) mats front and rear ($70) OEM rubber bed and tailgate mat . OEM splash / mud guards front and rear ($75) which need to be sized up first before trimming. Mopar instructions were not correct. Next is to swap out speakers for the Kickers.

#24 ·
Two of you guys have done the upper glove box cover. Got pics, part numbers and maybe a quick description of how easy it is to do?

#80 ·
Here are the part numbers for the upper glove box mod. I haven't had time to do it myself but the parts are on the way.

Door: 1NM00LA8AA
Bin: 1RF25DX9AA
Striker: 68050731AA
Screws: 6505628AA Qnty:4

I also believe there are several places that sell these items in kit form.
I'm not sure if anyone provided info on how to add this, but I will share what I have found on my big horn.

The top open space is held in with either one or two bolts and then it just slides out. You remove the lower box then you have access to the bolts. Honestly if you look up the genos cabin air filter instructions it will explain what to do. The top glove box door was tricky for me to reinstall but I finally got it, I removed both glove boxes when I installed my cabin filter.

Hope my info helps.

#26 ·
I've had my truck at litte over 2 months. So far I have:
Mopar tailgate liner
Upper glove box
Leather steering wheel with audio controls
Mopar fuel cap
Husky mud flaps
Mopar picture frame
Stainless tube steps
Clear film on the door sills
DIY fold flat floor
Thats it for now. I might do the Homelink upgrade but its low on the list. Also even though I said I would not do the 8.4 upgrade. ....

#27 ·
Here are the part numbers for the upper glove box mod. I haven't had time to do it myself but the parts are on the way.

Door: 1NM00LA8AA
Bin: 1RF25DX9AA
Striker: 68050731AA
Screws: 6505628AA Qnty:4

I also believe there are several places that sell these items in kit form.

#28 ·
On my 2015 2500 tradesman 6.4L

Oem front bumper w/fogs, sales code, switch and jumper.

(Pic from January)

Custom oem projectors

Oem remote start

Oem steering wheel controls

Alpine INE-Z928HD

Tapped into the feed for the backup camera

#1,496 ·
Love it, will the factory sat radio antenna hookup or do you need adapters?

Reactions: pacu44
#32 ·
I've done factory floor matts
Laramie door panels
Laramie steering wheel
Mopar 3rd brake light with camera
Chrome front and rear bumpers with fog lights
Laramie 7in cluster/gauges
Color matched mirrors, grille, door handles, and plastic pieces on bumpers white, Laramie fender flares
Deleted by ppei
Leveled with a thurnen kit
20x12 with 33 rims/tires
Ccv delete
Afe intake
Chrome grill inserts by t-Rex
Tinted windows

#36 ·
Bought a new '14 late last December with diesel, auto, cab lights, tow mirrors and convenience package (carpet, keyless, etc.) off the lot. All added within the first three months:

1. Upgraded to 5.0 radio from 3.0 (eBay plug and play, lost free Sirius subscription)
2. Leather wrapped steering wheel with audio controls (eBay plug and play)
3. Mopar Rear back-up camera in tailgate kit (instructions included, about 2 hour install, req. dealer flash)
4. Swapped to SLT cloth 40/20/40 seats (for power and 60/40 rear split with cupholder, then Katzkin leather upgrade)
5. Factory hidden CD player in front center console (came with the seat swap and req. dealer flash)
6. Factory trailer brake controller kit (required dealer flash)
7. Factory auxiliary switches (see other thread)
8. Mopar hands free bluetooth (Mopar mirror with embedded mic plug and play)
9. Mopar 17" aluminum wheels from a '10-'12 SLT
9. Factory fog lights (incl. new painted bumper with fog light holes)
10. Bolt-ons: Mopar splash guards, 6" side steps, 25th Anniversary badging and floor mats from Geno's

Did all dealer flashes at one time for $55. Have the truck EXACTLY how I wanted it for thousands less. Also, didn't have to put up with the ridiculous looking 18" wheels.