Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Tpms won't move with tire rotation

16K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  Ratdog1 
#1 ·
Like the title says... I've read it's supposed to automatically learn where they are but mine won't. Simple rotation and they continue to read the psi from where they were before the rotation. Anyone have a fix?

#3 ·
les schwab is a good one to take it to. our suzuki suv had this issue and they couldn't get it to reset them but les schwab was able to get the info and resets them for me now when they do the rotation. kinda sad a dealership that sell you a specific vehicle can't figure out something that a tire store can figure out

#5 ·
2 months lol.

#6 ·
It should just reset - most likely you have bad ones - my dealer had to replace 2 of them on my 2014.

#7 ·
They all read currently. Pretty accurate too. I will have to avoid the dealer on account of a lack of exhaust components soooo. Maybe I'll just deal with it.

#9 ·
When I got my new wheels put on, the RF wouldn't read initially, but a quarter mile worth of driving and it picked it up. I guess some of the TPMS sensors have little quirks :confused013:

#10 ·
It would be of great help if you filled out your signature.

#11 ·
Did you ever figure this out? Drove my truck 100 miles yesterday and still did not relearn the new sensors i put in aftermarket wheels.

#12 ·
I don't understand why anyone wouldn't just go to a decent tire store as I suggested and get them to reset the sensors. Firestone did it every time they balanced and rotated the tires on my ford, and am sure they will be doing the same for my RAM.

#13 ·
Because these are designed to auto-learn. I am not trying to be cheap just not sure why everyone else's auto-learn withing 10 minutes and mine are not.

#15 ·
My truck was at the dealer yesterday for one bad sensor and they just replaced all of them for me. Check with your dealer. Mine said they are junk on my 14 and said they are authorized to replace them all. I also noticed they jacked the air pressure back to 85 psi. Time to lower them again to 65.

Reactions: Sly1types
#17 ·
I just bought the tool. Then again I hate taking time out of my day to go have someone else do 30 seconds work for me. the time it saves me pays for the tool.

#19 ·
I use the tmps as a special person light just as the government wanted them to be designed. My GMC won't change unless I take it somewhere and its not worth my time. Got a flat a month ago, it told me a tire was dropping pressure, I pulled into a parking lot saw which one was flat and fixed the issue. If you're not willing to have a tire joint reset and want to avoid the dealer drive the truck and learn to use a tire gauge like everybody used to.

Reactions: TX NIGHT TRAIN
#22 ·
Never said I wasn't willing to go to a dealer or tire shop. I just want the light off. I was asking if this was ever figured out since the system is supposed to auto learn.

I have and use my tire gauge regularly.

I agree that the tpms should not be forced on us but the gov did it so we are stuck. My wife had a Honda crv and when I changed the whelas I was surprised there were no sensors in the wheels. The vehicle monitors the balance of the vehicle and can detect a tire going down without those damn wheel sensors.

#27 ·
Update to my issue. Took truck to dealer yesterday and they said none of the new sensors are working. I found that odd so I took it to the local tire place where the found 3 of them working and woke them up (2fronts & driver side rear) drove for 15 minutes and the 2 fronts started to show on the evic. The guy I purchased the sensors from is sending me 1 replacement. The driver side rear was showing on the scanner but not in evic. Do both rear sensors have to be working for it to read them on evic?

#29 ·
Anyone have any recommendations as to where to buy tpms sensors for a 2013 truck?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.