Cummins Diesel Forum banner

About to buy a 14, A little hesitant

9K views 85 replies 36 participants last post by  leicafish 
#1 ·
I was thinking of closing the deal on a 2014 3500 4x4 SRW with a aisin. I have read a ton of horror stories on here from gear grinding to the damn radio not working. I have a deleted 08 with 72k on it, am I going to be disappointed. Also, stick is 62,900 on the truck, getting about 5k off sticker, is that good or should I wait until the 15s come, maybe better rebates on the14s or bugs worked out in the 15s. Thoughts?

#86 ·
I assume you plug in in those nights? Relative to idle I have been taught Oil thining is the issue--So you change your oil more often.

Idling to warm up I don't think is an issue, It is not as if you idle for hours like the oldtimers, how long are your trips around the base.

Just remember Diesel is the most effecient ton/gal power plant made, (being a Cummins even more so)It is made to me ran and taxed. Do not confuse thrashed or beat(that is where problems come from).

So road trips on the weekend to to run it as it is suppose to be ran is in order.

My last truck I had over 300,000 miles and my nephew still drive that truck. My Dad always have over 400,000 on his trucks. Bottom line they run the best when continually used.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.