2013 2500 upgrades - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 4th Generation 2010 and up 6.7 Liter Cummins > 2013+ General Discussion
2013+ General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 2013 model year differences 6.7L 4th generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2014, 03:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
2013 2500 upgrades

Hey guys, I just traded my jeep for a 2013 ram 2500, so I'm new to the forum. I am also new to the diesel aftermarket world. The internet is covered with upgrades. My question is were do I start? im looking to get over 600HP eventually so should i focus on fuel system, chips, drivetrain, or exaust? Just need to be pointed in the right direction and avoid failing parts because I didnt upgrade for the power gain.
Mattymayhem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2014, 03:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
You'll be waiting a while for upgrades to make that power for these trucks. Encrypted ECM's and strict emission laws are holding things up. They aren't like the 3rd gen 5.9 or 6.7.

2014 CC SB 4x4 Laramie - Stock...
cummins crazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2014, 03:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattymayhem View Post
Hey guys, I just traded my jeep for a 2013 ram 2500, so I'm new to the forum. I am also new to the diesel aftermarket world. The internet is covered with upgrades. My question is were do I start? im looking to get over 600HP eventually so should i focus on fuel system, chips, drivetrain, or exaust? Just need to be pointed in the right direction and avoid failing parts because I didnt upgrade for the power gain.
I would point you to the Autotrader or the CF Classifieds. Buy a pre-2013 truck and go to town...
Old 03-09-2014, 03:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Thanked 1,402 Times in 884 Posts
Quote:
What I'd done, if just looking to tune and delete, would have been to come to this forum BEFORE you purchased the truck and read what kind of tunes or deletes were available, and what could be done for a 13' or 14'...at that point, if you still wanted to go MOPAR, I'd opted for a MY 10' or 12'...a bit late for all that now, but odds are you'll be waiting for a while if you're looking to get to 600HP....Good you didn't upgrade for the power gain
2013 Ram 3500 DRW/CC/LB/4X4/4:10/Aisin/Longhorn Prairie Pearl Coat
2006 HR 37RLQ 5th wheel, 16,950#
Viet Nam Vet
NC Hauler is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2014, 03:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

Damn tree huggers lol. I guess its lift kit and tires first!
Old 03-09-2014, 03:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
Damn tree huggers lol. I guess its lift kit and tires first!
No tree hugger, just stating facts...at this time, there's little to nothing you can do to enhance HP or TQ on the 13's and 14's..
Viet Nam Vet
Old 03-09-2014, 04:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Hauler View Post
No tree hugger, just stating facts...at this time, there's little to nothing you can do to enhance HP or TQ on the 13's and 14's..
I know, I was refering to the gents putting through the emission requirments on the new trucks. I guess my wallet wont get as thin as I thought lol. Do they fair ok pushing 37's with thr stock HP?
Old 03-09-2014, 04:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
using my torque wrench

Quote:
I know, I was refering to the gents putting through the emission requirments on the new trucks. I guess my wallet wont get as thin as I thought lol. Do they fair ok pushing 37's with thr stock HP?

Yeah these aren't Jeeps where ya gotta run 513s on 35s. That 800 ft lbs of tq move it pretty well. The hit will be in mileage for sure.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:

Not sure about your tire question, but you should get some answers to that fairly soon, I would think...
Viet Nam Vet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.