get best MPG - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 4th Generation 2010 and up 6.7 Liter Cummins > 2010-2012 General Discussion
2010-2012 General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 6.7L 4th generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2013, 04:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
get best MPG

is there anything I can do to get more MPG out of a 2012 ram 2500 with a 6.7 l cummins.put K+N cold air kit on it,+ edge EVO HT tuner to try to get more I have seen no increase.This is a daily highway driver.No stop go traffic.any ideas.Thanks
Bill.t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Start with throwing the K&N and the Edge in the garbage. They are both horrible products.

Then you need to Delete the emissions equipment and to do that you will need a "real" tuner. H&S is the best RaceME is the cheapest.
brandonjansen (11-21-2013)
Old 11-21-2013, 07:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Just curious. Why is H&S the best? If I recall, 67Guzzler had both and liked the RaceME better.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbear View Post
Just curious. Why is H&S the best? If I recall, 67Guzzler had both and liked the RaceME better.
2 Big reasons. 1. It has the ability to custom tune 2. Transmission tuning.

67Guzzler doesn't like the RaceME better. He was able to sell his mini maxx for a profit and still buy the RaceME. He will tell you himself the H&S is still a better overall product because of what they offer.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

I would like to have the ability to tweak tunes myself so h&s would seem to be the best product. Not to mention they are all over this board with positive reviews.
'97 dodge #100 fuel plate, afc and star wheel full forward, 80hp injectors, egt and boost guages, wastgate line pinched off, bramco flatbed, 3rd gen seats, 4'' exhaust soon to come
crash22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2013, 10:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCE View Post
Start with throwing the K&N and the Edge in the garbage. They are both horrible products.

Then you need to Delete the emissions equipment and to do that you will need a "real" tuner. H&S is the best RaceME is the cheapest.
Whats wrong with the K&N filters. Just curious.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

They are junk. They allow dirt into your engine. Or at least I believe it does.
'97 dodge #100 fuel plate, afc and star wheel full forward, 80hp injectors, egt and boost guages, wastgate line pinched off, bramco flatbed, 3rd gen seats, 4'' exhaust soon to come
crash22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2013, 11:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Thanked 2,970 Times in 2,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbear View Post
The RaceME is the best VALUE for my needs. The H&S is the gold standard. If money were no object (and H&S didn't make me mad with some of their crazy "joint ventures") I probably would have never sold mine. But the RaceME at $600 (price for now -- It's going up 12/1/2013 I think) is a GREAT VALUE.

Quote:
Cheapest in the sense of PRICE I agree. But it's in no way "CHEAP" in the way of performance or value. It handles the deletes perfectly with no issues, offers 4 power levels, 4 timing levels, reads and clears codes and lets you set your tire sizes all for $600.

Quote:
2 Big reasons. 1. It has the ability to custom tune 2. Transmission tuning.

67Guzzler doesn't like the RaceME better. He was able to sell his mini maxx for a profit and still buy the RaceME. He will tell you himself the H&S is still a better overall product because of what they offer.
True! I sold the H&S Mini Maxx Race WITH Pyro in like new condition for about $900 more than what I paid for the RaceME.

-Guzzler

Last edited by 67guzzler; 11-21-2013 at 11:45 PM.
67guzzler is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2013, 01:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull660 View Post
Whats wrong with the K&N filters. Just curious.
The turbo will suck the oil out of the filter first and apply a nice coat of oil all over the fins. Then the filter is no longer capable of filtering and begins to dust your motor.

Every truck I have ever seen with an oiled filter has a mixture of oil and dirt all the way down the intake tube and stuck to the turbo.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:24 AM   #10 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

So where can I get the Race me for 600 and just to be sure it handles the egr and dpf deletes

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
nrhmarine7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2013, 03:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Thanked 2,970 Times in 2,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrhmarine7 View Post
So where can I get the Race me for 600 and just to be sure it handles the egr and dpf deletes

www.raceme.eu

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
67guzzler is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2013, 09:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
The turbo will suck the oil out of the filter first and apply a nice coat of oil all over the fins. Then the filter is no longer capable of filtering and begins to dust your motor.

Every truck I have ever seen with an oiled filter has a mixture of oil and dirt all the way down the intake tube and stuck to the turbo.
x2 K&N designed their filters to be oiled, while some may disagree I'd never put an oiled filter on something that's turbocharged. Like someone stated earlier that oil gets pulled through the filter and where does it go?... I only use dry filters, when it gets dirty just toss it and buy a new one. Not as cost friendly as a cleanable/cotton filter but to me it's a better piece of mind.

2007.5 Dodge 2500 G56 Dual Disc Clutch, GDP Intake Manifold, CCV Delete, GDP Throttle Valve, EGR Delete, AirDog Fuel System, Banks Intercooler, Banks Ram Air, H&S Mini Maxx(soon to be EFI Live), Fuel Press. Boost & Pyro Pillar Gauges

2000, 2002, 2006, 2007(5.9) Dodge 2500 - SOLD
cumminsdieselfreak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.