Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Deleted Dually with 4.10s

3K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  scrappy 
#1 ·
Who is driving a dually with 4.10s and is deleted. I am curious to know some real world fuel economy with this combination.

With my new truck, I am averaging 13.2 for the first 4000 miles. I am considering deleting in the future and am wondering what those of you with the same combo would get when deleted.

I am not interested in the advantages of deleting or what your brother-in-law gets with his TDI.....just real world hard numbers for deleted duallys with 4.10s.

Thanks!

#5 ·
Well I know you wanted info on 4:10 gear ratio but I figured id chime in. Mine had 3:73 gears and id say I get around 15 to 16. With a custom tune you could probably see 17 or more. I have yet to venture down that road yet so when I do ill be sure to let everyone know.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#6 ·
Im really considering deleting as well. Just got back from an 800+ mile round trip towing roughly 2500 lbs at speeds of 60-65 mph on mostly flat ground and averaged 10.3 mpg :shock:. On the plus side, towing our 35' 5'er weighing in at 14k lbs with many elevation changes and a head wind one way we averaged 9.3 mpg, lol. My best mpg empty with 70/30 highway/city is 13.3 going 55 mph max. Man, I miss my '05 for the mileage!

#8 ·
On my 2500 with 4.10s I got 20 with the stock tires and now I get 20.5@75MPH...I can see 22.5 MPG if I keep the speed around 60 with my 35's....Dually shouldn't be that far off from those numbers...not that much difference having a couple more tires on the ground with the 4.10's.

#10 ·
Make all the EPA crap fall off...even a street tuner will get you better mileage and more power...the factory tune on these trucks is really dirty to compensate for the nox emissions and to make enough heat to do regens...

#11 ·
I never see less than 16 empty but usually average 18 on country roads. Towing my 15k toyhauler I get 12.5 in Washington state. Empty on the freeway I get 20-22.5

#12 ·
I don't have the same setup but I a am running 3:73 axle ratio and a G56 standard trans. Run a little higher RPMs than the autos. 2130rpm at 70mph. I was at 13.2 on my daily commute of about 12 miles. Of that 9 miles to town and 3 in town but only 6 stops in that stretch from home to work. I deleted and got about 15. I installed some custom timing charts from Dr. Tune and I'm currently up to 16.7mpg. The deletes will help but I highly recommend custom tuning too. The tuning has already paid for it self. The deletes will take a few thousand miles to break even. Hope this helps.
Good luck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#13 · (Edited)
I got my 12 Longhorn auto Mega Max Tow (4:10s) Dually new in November. Stock I was getting about 13 mpg around town, deleted with the Mini Maxx I'm getting about 14.5 mpg. I just got a custom tune that looks to be even better but still too soon to tell. All freeway at 65 mph I was getting 16.5 to 17 mpg but now with the custom tune it's at 18.5 mpg. These numbers are all unloaded and from the EVIC. I'll know for sure after about a week of freeway/city driving if the custom tune is really any better than the box tune.

#14 ·
Ill be looking forward to seeing your results. I've been wanting a custom tune myself. I get around 15.1 avg with mixed driving. But I've got 3.73

#15 ·
So it's been over a week now with the new NC timing chart and it looks like my mixed daily driving is 15.5 - 16 mpg now as where before it was 14 - 14.5 mpg. I definitely picked 1+ mpg on my daily driving.

I have the 4.10s with stock wheels and the fuel usage indicator in the EVIC doesn't get on the positive side of mpg until hit 6th gear when cruising. Someone with the 3.73s may get there in 5th and have possibly better results. Good thing I drive less than 20 miles a day so fuel consumption isn't a problem.

#18 ·
How do you get nc tune

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.