lifted 4th gens????? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 4th Generation 2010 and up 6.7 Liter Cummins > 2010-2012 General Discussion
2010-2012 General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 6.7L 4th generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 03:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
lifted 4th gens?????

does anyone have pictures and info of wat they have on there 4th gen cummins but haul gooseneck trailers without problems at the hitch or the trailer riding funny?? or having to lift the trailer so it rides right? just looking to see wat guys have done to there trucks and still makes them able to haul goosenecks
07 3500 srw four door long bed, electric blue, 6 inch lift, 35" Toyo mt, mini max tuner, dpf deleted, g56 6 speed, soon to have 5 inch turbo back straight pipe, egr delete, cai, head studs, turbo, and south bend clutch.
chubaca is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2012, 05:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Mine has a lift and 35's. I pull a 40ft. 5th wheel with and it sits pretty level still. I have yet to hook up to the gooseneck yet. Its my dads and I dont use it much but, when I hook up my 5ver next week I will try to post a pic of it. You shouldnt have any problem with a gooseneck. I have lifted all my trucks and never had any issues once the adjustments are made to the trailer. Between the bed and the trailer there is only 6 1/2", but if I drop the pin box I can get 8". But the trailer rides a little high in the front and at 15k, I like it to be level as possible.

Last edited by jnallison6; 05-04-2012 at 05:27 AM.
jnallison6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 08:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chubaca View Post
does anyone have pictures and info of wat they have on there 4th gen cummins but haul gooseneck trailers without problems at the hitch or the trailer riding funny?? or having to lift the trailer so it rides right? just looking to see wat guys have done to there trucks and still makes them able to haul goosenecks
to be honest i'm sure that 90% of all the lifted 4th gens here don't tow goosenecks Hell I destroyed the plastic bed crap on the sides of my bed with my gooseneck and I don't even have a lift

They 10's but I keeps em clean
megacabctd is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 09:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Lift your trailer. You can do it. There's other threads out there. I'm on 37's and I'm gonna lift the trailers to accommodate. And before the safety police come in, I've pulled with lifted trucks before and quite frankly I don't notice much of a difference at all. Compared to those worthless 245's that came on my truck, my 37's feel much more planted and calm while pulling heavy. My .02

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
2010 2500CC 68RFE 4x4 "reliable edition" 6 inch procomp BMF SOTA 20x9 Toyo MT 37x13.50x20 Carli Low Mount Stabilizer Backwoods Bumpers Front and Rear Deluxe Baja Bumpers Rigid Industries 40" LED Lightbar
Speciulboy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

lol lifting the trailer would make it really really interesting trying to get pigs to jump into lol its hard enough to get them in normal level trailers lol im not lookin for much of a lift lol at the very most it would 4 inches. specialboy wat kind of fuel milage do you get with those 37's?
07 3500 srw four door long bed, electric blue, 6 inch lift, 35" Toyo mt, mini max tuner, dpf deleted, g56 6 speed, soon to have 5 inch turbo back straight pipe, egr delete, cai, head studs, turbo, and south bend clutch.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Quote:
lol lifting the trailer would make it really really interesting trying to get pigs to jump into lol its hard enough to get them in normal level trailers lol im not lookin for much of a lift lol at the very most it would 4 inches. specialboy wat kind of fuel milage do you get with those 37's?
Lol would be funny to watch. Dude I've had people call BS on me all day about my fuel mileage but no lie hand calc'd, I got 18.8 last tank. This is almost entirely highway driving, but leaving fort worth the other day I was in traffic for like a steady 2 hours. I run a no power tune. Not looking to blow stuff up, just don't wanna fill up 3 times a week.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
2010 2500CC 68RFE 4x4 "reliable edition" 6 inch procomp BMF SOTA 20x9 Toyo MT 37x13.50x20 Carli Low Mount Stabilizer Backwoods Bumpers Front and Rear Deluxe Baja Bumpers Rigid Industries 40" LED Lightbar
Speciulboy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

hmmm alright well iv been thinkin and my 99 that is stock with a straight pipe the most i have seen is 19.5 but that was going 110 trying to get home lol well thats wat the computer thingy said i havent done hand calcs though :/ and that is with 35'' toyo mt and a leveling kit.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Quote:
hmmm alright well iv been thinkin and my 99 that is stock with a straight pipe the most i have seen is 19.5 but that was going 110 trying to get home lol well thats wat the computer thingy said i havent done hand calcs though :/ and that is with 35'' toyo mt and a leveling kit.
No 3/4ton diesel will get 19.5MPG travelling 110 MPH!!!! Not to mention 35's. Dont go based off the overhead lie-o-meter
The Following User Says Thank You to sombrero For This Useful Post:
erichagedorn07 (05-14-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.