Vibration at idle. Anyone else? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 4th Generation 2010 and up 6.7 Liter Cummins > 2010-2012 General Discussion
2010-2012 General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 6.7L 4th generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2011, 03:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Vibration at idle. Anyone else?

I have a 2010 w 6.7 that has just over 10,000 miles on it. On Sunday at the very end of a 2 hour trip, I noticed a slight vibration in the truck. Especially when sitting at idle, you can feel it in the steering wheel. To me it is very noticible as I'm used to driving it. Other than the vibration, the truck seems to run normal. Dodge dealer looked at it and couldnt find the problem. They called tech support, and they had nothing either. I was told that is how the truck operates, and nothing could be done. Of course I told them it has not had this vibration at all until now so that was not an acceptable answer. They said they would explain that to support and let me know what the find out.

Has anyone ever had this problem or heard of it? I have searched online, but havent found anything similar.

Thanks! Dennis
tridennisr is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2011, 12:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Do you feel a vibration at all when driving as well?
Old 12-21-2011, 06:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Farm Truck Diesel

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
I have the same thing in My 2011
Old 12-21-2011, 08:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmock8 View Post
Do you feel a vibration at all when driving as well?
You can feel it ever so slightly when driving, but not to bad. It's most notable when sitting at a stop light. In gear or in park is the same. I asked my wife to drive it last night and she asked if it was running rough? Even though it is running normal, the vibration gives you the impression of a rough idle. Earlier I described it as being in the wheel, as you feel it instantly when holding the wheel, but it is in the enire truck. Seats, floor, you feel it everywhere. Not horrible, but irritating, especially considering it's a new vehicle and not a worn out farm truck. I'm wondering if there is possibly a broken motor or trans mount? It just feels like whatever should be dampening the engine vibration in the cab is not working. I opened the hood, and don't see any engine movement though. And the truck has never done any hard duty to cause motor mount damage. It's hardest day is pulling my 8K camper.

I decided to pick it up from the dealer last night and just drive it a few days and see if it gets worse. The service ticket said " Found no vibration, unable to duplicate." So the dealer doesnt even acknowledge the problem. I'm thinking about going to the sales side and get the keys to a new truck and do a side by side test and see if someone will be able to recognize what I'm talking about. I completely get this is a big diesel truck, however the first 10k miles where fine. This vibration developed recently, and there is no possible way I would have driven the past 10k without noticing it before.

Thanks! Dennis

Last edited by tridennisr; 12-21-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farm Truck Diesel View Post
I have the same thing in My 2011
FTD Have you had it looked at?
Old 12-21-2011, 09:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

come on this is normal. while idling my steering wheel shakes for sure. while moving i feel nothing. ithink your justbeing overly paranoid.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

I just recently experienced something similar. I went to leave work and had the truck idle roughly, very noticably. Even while driving slowly through parking lot. Got home and it was still rough at idle. Check DTC thru MM and found these to codes

P020B - fuel Inj. 2 Performance

P0692 - fan 1 control Circuit High

Cleared them and no more sign of it since Tuesday.

Currently have 15k.
small_toys is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2011, 10:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

I've got 38,000 kms on my 2010 and it's had a rougher idle the last 10,000 kms. It's a touch more noticeable when I fast idle the truck. It's a weird vibration. It doesn't quite line up with the motor rpms. Seems a bit more intermittent. It's so minor though, it seems normal to me now.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Haven't checked for codes yet.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

I have a 2011 3500 4x4 diesel same thing. with 11000 kilometers . vibrates so bad that my loose change in the centre counsell rattles around. hands go numb at 70 kilometers an hour is the worst. on the throddle off the throddle no matter what gear your in, been to the dealer 3 times . dealer has new front drive shaft, new rear drive shaft ,new steadty bearings,new rims and tires and still vibrates.dealer keep changing parts and cant seem to find the problem. i believe that it is the tourge convertor. it vibrates and an idle stopped.
shaky is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2011, 12:57 AM   #11 (permalink)

With 10000 miles, change the fuel filter, and I think you will see an improvement.
BigR1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2011, 02:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

I've also noticed a similar vibration, although slight and intermittent, developed around 10,000-11,000 miles. Mostly at idle and when driving slowly in a parking lot. I've just dismissed it as a vibration in the dash or something. I'm gonna be changing out the fuel filter like ol' dude suggested above, and see what that does. I wanted to change it at my first oil change, but the service manager at my dealership told me that it didn't need changing until around 24,000 miles. Whatever, I've always liked to change fuel filters at every oilchange. Guess I should just stick to my old habits. Thanks guys.
2011 CCSB 2500 6.7L 68RFE 4x4 Laramie/3.73 gears/15% Tint/AMP steps/Cabin Filter Mod/Linex/FabFours/WARN 16.5ti/Bushwacker/Weathertech Liners/PaceEdwards FMJ Bedcover/B&W 9in drop hitch/Nathan Airchime K5LA/Air Zenith dual OB2/dual 5gal tanks/8in BDS longarm/9500 shocks/Carli low mount SS/DSS/37x13.50 Toyo MT on BMF Novakane 20x9 (5in bs/0 offset)

Work harder.... Millions on welfare are depending on you.
Back_Water is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.