Do I need the anti spin differential? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 4th Generation 2010 and up 6.7 Liter Cummins > 2010-2012 General Discussion
2010-2012 General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 6.7L 4th generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2011, 03:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Do I need the anti spin differential?

I am looking at a new truck and one of the ones I am considering has all the bells and whistles but it missing limited slip. Should this be a deal breaker? I live in a area that does get quite a bit of snow, I will not be using this truck for 4wheeling just for recreation and fishing nothing to crazy
Thanks wayne
Waynep is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2011, 04:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

I personally wouldn't get one without a limited slip. These trucks are very nose heavy and need all the rear end traction they can get. If you ever plan on modding later down the road you'll kick yourself for not getting it now. It's not just offroading that it comes in handy. It would be a deal breaker for me.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Toyota and Cummins Nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynep View Post
I am looking at a new truck and one of the ones I am considering has all the bells and whistles but it missing limited slip. Should this be a deal breaker? I live in a area that does get quite a bit of snow, I will not be using this truck for 4wheeling just for recreation and fishing nothing to crazy
Thanks wayne

I wont buy one without it. It can be added, Dodge sells over the counter. But its cheaper to add when ordering it. I made a few items known on what I wanted when I ordered my truck. LSD was one of the requirements.
2010 Dodge 2500 SLT Crew Cab Long Bed 4WD G56 6SPD Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Laramie Alloys, "Powerwagon" flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Pro Tech Toolbox, Licensed "Extra" class HAM operator, Ranger RCI-2950 10-11-12 meter all mode ham radio/CB, co-phased 4 foot Firestick Firefly 5/8 wave antennas. Yaesu FT7800 2m/70cm VHF/UHF-FM Ham Radio, Larsen NMO2/70C mounted dual band VHF/UHF antenna, Alinco DR-06 6 meter VHF FM, Larsen NMO50C 1/4 wave antenna, 150 PSI on board air system, air powered 157 db train horns!
toyota_mdt_tech is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2011, 05:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Head

I saw a truck wo anti spin totally screwed into a trailer
Old 03-13-2011, 05:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
COFFMAN CUSTOMS

Thanked 1,386 Times in 942 Posts
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Its a good LSD, the best one offered in a pickup, IMHO, and I would get it.

If they want the deal they may install it for the cost of the option?

AH64ID is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2011, 06:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Retired Engineer

NEVER buy one with out the anti-spin
2007 6.7 L, 2500 QC, Laramie, SB, 3.42, Mag-Hytec, 68RFE, Harvard 750 Bypass Oil Filter, Patriot Blue, 4X2, Michelin LTX Summer, Michelin X Winter, Raider Canopy, HERD Bumper, Espar Cab Heater, Sirius, Smarty 25ME, SS636, WCC Intake Manifold & 3.5 inch Boost Tube, Donaldson 100580, PMT Gauge Set, Smarty, Optima Red Top Batteries, Have Truck, Will Travel
Courierdog is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2011, 06:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Thanked 3,209 Times in 2,070 Posts
I can't believe they would even build a truck without LSD. They finally got smart and made it standard equipment on the 3500 dually's.
2013 Ram 3500 Dually CTD 6.7/Aisin/4:10 LSD
Previous Rams:
90 CC Dually, 94 RC LB, 95 CC SB, 98 QC Dually, 00 QC Dually, 01 QC Off Road, 03 QC Dually, 05 QC Dually, 08 QC Dually, 10 CC Dually
Ram3500Dually is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2011, 07:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

My Dodge 1500 was the first truck I'd ever owned with a LSD. Man, what a difference!!! That trucks goes in the snow like nothing else I've ever owned. I wouldn't be without one. If it's not in the truck now you can add it. Get the dealer to put one in for you or get an aftermarket model. It doesn't have to be a deal breaker, just a bargaining point.
KD4UPL is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2011, 09:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Yes, you want it. At the end of the day though, these trucks do not have a lot of the drivetrain safety features that other vehicles have, and this truck has a lot of torque. Don't expect the truck to be the safest vehicle in the world during the winter time. Doesn't matter what kind of tires you put on it.
AlphaInfinity is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2011, 09:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynep View Post
Thanks wayne
I guess you could pick one up in the Aftermarket like an Eaton, ARB or Yukon, but you're probably looking at a grand plus install. See what the dealer will do for you, they may be willing to work something out to get the sale.
Jacqson is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2011, 09:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Mine doesnt have it and I wish it did, you can make it work without it, but the anti spin is well worth it.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Thanks guys that's what I though just needed confirmation. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. I try to live by that rule but it always cost more money
Waynep is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.