MyGIG Iphone Fix Finally Here RER 2.402 - Page 2 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 4th Generation 2010 and up 6.7 Liter Cummins > 2010-2012 General Discussion
2010-2012 General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 6.7L 4th generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2011, 10:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
There is an IOS 4.2.6

If you double check my post I have a Verizon Iphone 4 which are newer and better then the garbage AT&T model which I just got rid off. AT&T Iphones are still using an older IOS. However I dont think any of that matters, my newer IOS is mainly for verizon specific features and not bluetooth fixes as far as I know. There are plenty of reports of AT&t Iphone 4 users who now have a working MYgig thanks to the RER 2.402 flash.

Fracture: Verizon iPhone 4 sees iOS 4.2.6 with AT&T users stuck on 4.2.1 : Beatweek Magazine

iOS 4.2.6 for Verizon iPhone 4 Arrives | Touch Reviews

Keep them coming, man so haters tonight trying to shoot me down for stuff that is not even accurate, lol.
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2011, 11:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

There is an IOS 4.2.6

If you double check my post I have a Verizon Iphone 4 which are newer and better then the garbage AT&T model which I just got rid off. AT&T Iphones are still using an older IOS. However I dont think any of that matters, my newer IOS is mainly for verizon specific features and not bluetooth fixes as far as I know. There are plenty of reports of AT&t Iphone 4 users who now have a working MYgig thanks to the RER 2.402 flash.

Fracture: Verizon iPhone 4 sees iOS 4.2.6 with AT&T users stuck on 4.2.1 : Beatweek Magazine

Keep them coming, man so haters tonight trying to shoot me down for stuff that is not even accurate, lol.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngr2001 View Post
There is an IOS 4.2.6

I stand corrected. I guess there is a firmware update available for the Verizon phones. Minor firmware tweaks for Verizon issues no doubt. I'm not happy with AT&T by any far stretch but I love my iPhones. Two 3g phones(3.1.2 and 3.1.3). One 3Gs(3.1.2). Two 4(4.2.1). IPT3G(3.1.2). All jailbroken. Idevices I know. Verizon firmware I(obviously) don't. They are the same phones whether on Verizon or AT&T though. The only difference is the type of network each uses. Basically the same phone with a different chip. One for CDMA and one for GSM. Other than that SAME EXACT PHONE. Now the network is different. Can't run data and voice at the same time on Verizon. Network won't support it. Not to mention that CDMA is pretty much old technology. GSM(Global System for Mobile-Key word GLOBAL) is pretty much the only one that will work in any other country other than the USA. If it's unlocked of course.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:09 AM   #16 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

True, your a preaching to a computer engineer in the field though. Verizon's CMDA network has more coverage then any other technology right now with regards to the USA. I rarely leave the country but when I do I will be taking a quad band GSM of course with a modded IMEI and a prepaid sim. Last thing I want is some EURO trash cloning my cell. I've never needed to talk and surf the internet at the same time either, Id rather have a phone that can complete and maintain a call without dropping 4 times then that feature. CDMA is old, true, and works. When 4G LTE is as widely covered as current CDMA I will upgrade to that version of the verizon Iphone for sure. I like you have the bug and have probably over 20 cell phones sitting on my desk from droid to Windows mobile, symbian, BB, etc. But it is my job to write software for auditing these peices of junk so I get most of this stuff for free. How ever being that I own ever phone on the market I have to tell you the Verizon Iphone 4 is where its at, the pros outway the cons very heavily in my .02
Old 02-16-2011, 01:00 AM   #17 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Not that I need to state it anymore than I already have but I too LOVE my I!

The whole phone is just so intuitive. It's just so simple to operate yet has so many features and options. And they are so seamless. The GUIs are great as well. All mine are rooted(jailbroken) so that [retty much allows endless possibilities as well. I TOTALLY hear what you're saying about dropping calls. It was so bad a few months ago that I was dropping over 60% of all my calls. AT&T's service sucks big green donkey balls. Coverage is great but the actual service sucks. They're network just can't support the usage. I am forever multitasking with data and voice going at the same time. That's a must for me.

How are you changing your IEMI?
Old 02-16-2011, 06:50 PM   #18 (permalink)
zin
Cummins Nut

just for info I had to take my truck to the dealer to get the new reflash for the egr problem and asked them to update my mygig to the latest version. they said they did and I will check when I pick up the truck but they didn't charge me for it so if they really do update it for free then maybe some of you guys can get the dealership to do it
Old 02-16-2011, 09:03 PM   #19 (permalink)
zin
Cummins Nut

so the dealer did update mine. it's not the latest it's the 2.401 update but I have to go back when they get the power steering cap (for the recall) in. and I'll just have them update then.
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.