got into my first accident and im so upset - Page 4 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 4th Generation 2010 and up 6.7 Liter Cummins > 2010-2012 General Discussion
2010-2012 General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 6.7L 4th generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2011, 04:12 PM   #37 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
not sure it would matter but i believe our trucks have some sort of "black box" that can give all sorts of info such as your distance traveled while on the brakes and your speed.

you might be able to get the dealer to retrieve this info or then again it may not log anything unless the air bags are deployed. i'm not sure.

good luck. i hate stupid drivers.
Mopared is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2011, 04:18 PM   #38 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Thanked 2,620 Times in 1,719 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoon4x4 View Post
the distance was about 100 feet he moved and it was square in the middle of the road and since i hit him perfectly centered his argument would be flawed because if he was parking it would have been an offset hit.
I wouldn't be telling them you were square in the middle of the road because then you would be out of your lane the same as him......
2013 Ram 3500 Dually CTD 6.7/Aisin/4:10 LSD
Previous Rams:
90 CC Dually, 94 RC LB, 95 CC SB, 98 QC Dually, 00 QC Dually, 01 QC Off Road, 03 QC Dually, 05 QC Dually, 08 QC Dually, 10 CC Dually
Ram3500Dually is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2011, 06:17 PM   #39 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

dude that really sucks man. hopefully your issue gets resolved and you go without having to pay. As for the black box and things of that nature I'm pretty sure they wont go to that level for a fender bender and instead will just let the two insurance companies duke it out until they come to some sort of middle ground
Speciulboy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2011, 06:22 PM   #40 (permalink)
Always broken

Thanked 3,460 Times in 2,215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by null_x86 View Post
QFT!!

Quote:
Youve got a forum full of diesel tuners , engineers, after market techs and pretty much every other kinda expert you can imagine. You are on an experts websight.
'strokeThis_'07 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2011, 06:23 PM   #41 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
That sucks man, I will tell you this.........Most times in these sitaution, no fault is gonna pay for each vehicle. This means as long as you have full coverage, your own ins will pay for your repair. You will be stuck with the deductible though. It is a very good thing that the report says he was backing up a one way street though. That in of itself makes him at fault. Although, these days ins companies love to spin it where both parties are of partial fault.....Thus making it a NO fault ins claim...
Old 01-04-2011, 07:28 AM   #42 (permalink)

If I were investigating the accident I would take into account the distance that the Honda backed prior to the collision. A lot of folks would say you're at fault because you "Rear ended" the Honda, I might hold the Honda driver at fault because a driver backing a vehicle has the responsibility to do so with due regard for the safety of those behind them. Also in AZ I can, and have, cite for a violation that I did not observe.

Good luck.
gtoli is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2011, 10:22 AM   #43 (permalink)
Diesel Head

How do you deal with wrong-way drivers?

When driving on one-way streets, you must be prepared to meet drivers who are not familiar with the area and who find themselves heading the wrong way. It is important that you reduce your speed and try to get their attention by flashing your lights or honking your horn. Do not panic!
2000 Dodge ram 2500 5spd, 4in Banks exhaust 5in tip, K&N Air Filter, HID Halo Projector Headlights, Airdog 150, 5th wheel hitch. 2wd with 315234 miles, Tow mirrors, 3rd gen wheels, 90hp injectors, and triple gauge pillar pod
CGCampbell07 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2011, 09:47 PM   #44 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGCampbell07 View Post
How do you deal with wrong-way drivers?

When driving on one-way streets, you must be prepared to meet drivers who are not familiar with the area and who find themselves heading the wrong way. It is important that you reduce your speed and try to get their attention by flashing your lights or honking your horn. Do not panic!

Train horns help too
2010 2500CC 68RFE 4x4 "reliable edition" 6 inch procomp BMF SOTA 20x9 Toyo MT 37x13.50x20 Carli Low Mount Stabilizer Backwoods Bumpers Front and Rear Deluxe Baja Bumpers Rigid Industries 40" LED Lightbar
Old 01-04-2011, 09:53 PM   #45 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speciulboy View Post
Train horns help too
i had to take my defensive driving test today at work being it expired and i saw that in the chapters. lol
2000 Dodge ram 2500 5spd, 4in Banks exhaust 5in tip, K&N Air Filter, HID Halo Projector Headlights, Airdog 150, 5th wheel hitch. 2wd with 315234 miles, Tow mirrors, 3rd gen wheels, 90hp injectors, and triple gauge pillar pod
CGCampbell07 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2011, 11:16 PM   #46 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

TRAIN HORN TO FUNNY LOLOL.
well its a one lane one way street no place to go either right or left. well geico is pretty good and state farm is the other company so i dont want to go through my insurance company that would give geico the right to raise my rates. i dont want too give my insurance any reasons .especially since this butt clown caused this i dont wanna get screwed over this. just got my body shop on board and i was thinking the road warior bumper . i really liked it and saw it on ebay for around 900 bucks.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:17 PM   #47 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

i agree with care and diligence cg but you cant always help getting into an accident especially when one party is hell bent on getting into one.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:26 PM   #48 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoon4x4 View Post
TRAIN HORN TO FUNNY LOLOL.
well its a one lane one way street no place to go either right or left. well geico is pretty good and state farm is the other company so i dont want to go through my insurance company that would give geico the right to raise my rates. i dont want too give my insurance any reasons .especially since this butt clown caused this i dont wanna get screwed over this. just got my body shop on board and i was thinking the road warior bumper . i really liked it and saw it on ebay for around 900 bucks.
Those are sweet. And if you happen to run into another backwards driving honda with that bumper on you'll have to peel him off it with a spatula. They're hella tough made.
2010 2500CC 68RFE 4x4 "reliable edition" 6 inch procomp BMF SOTA 20x9 Toyo MT 37x13.50x20 Carli Low Mount Stabilizer Backwoods Bumpers Front and Rear Deluxe Baja Bumpers Rigid Industries 40" LED Lightbar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.