Lone Star or Big Horn? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 4th Generation 2010 and up 6.7 Liter Cummins > 2010-2012 General Discussion
2010-2012 General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 6.7L 4th generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2010, 09:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Lone Star or Big Horn?

What's the difference between the Lone Star and the Big Horn? On the "Build Your Own" section they have the same price and I didn't notice any difference between the two.
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2010, 10:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

lone star is a texas only package... no real difference.
bubsmechanic is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2010, 10:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
-+-+-+-+-+-

I can get the Lonestar package in Illinois. I wouldnt say texas only. I thought the lonestar had saddle bags on the backs of the front seats and wood dash and door panel inserts. I thought thats what I read somewhere though. Lonestar is more of a cowboy edition like the King Ranch Fords.
2006 FORD F-350 6.0 auto Service Truck 4" exhaust, SCT tuned. 250 gallon fuel, Welder, air compressor, and all necessary tools to keep a 5k acre farm and construction company up and running -going back to a flatbed
2004 Ford F-550 6.0, zf-6, 11' Knapheide utility bed. NEW SERVICE TRUCK
superdutycummins is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2010, 10:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Lonestar is for Texas. I doubt you'll see them on the lots in Illinois. I think you're confusing Lonestar with Longhorn, which is a premium option.

2013 Ram Laramie 2500 4x4 SWB CTD/68RFE Black Two Tone
Waboo is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2010, 12:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Big horn seems more of a regional package and lone star like stated is a texas edition thing
Old 12-25-2010, 01:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Diesel Head

I bought my 07.5 LONE STAR dually in Pryor, Oklahoma. You can find them in other areas, but there is no difference between the LONESTAR and BIGHORN packages
Old 12-25-2010, 02:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

You can buy lonestars in other states, dunno why but you can I had a lonestar the last Dodge I had bought in WV. However the longhorn is the one with stiched interior and saddle bags
05stram is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2010, 02:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yeah I have a lone star and bought it in central Missouri. But I did drive two Bighorns and the differences on the two from the lone star other then about 2-3000 bucks was the bighorns had tow mirrors and the covers under the back seat and they came with step tubes. That was the only difference that I noticed when I drove the three trucks. I didn't care for the mirrors and then the lone star was the one that fit in my price range.
Old 12-25-2010, 02:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
CF Administration

Thanked 1,339 Times in 770 Posts
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
I think for the most part they are the same but if the truck is special ordered then it could have different options on it then other ones just like it.
-Nic - Idaho Oil Burners President Idaho Chapter 2009/ 3500/ Laramie/ Mega Cab/ Electric Blue/ Blackmaxx MCC tuned/ATS Stage 6 48re/ TS Mp8/ 5" Tbe With 8" Stack/ 66-74-14/ Pdi manifold/ 50% over nozzles/ H&S Intake Horn And Boost Tube/ Afe stage 2 CAI/ Stage 1 Cp3/ GDP Maximizer Kit/ Shaved,Flycut,Coated Pistons/ A1-H11 Headstuds/ GDP CCV Kit/ 8" Lift/ 37" Toyos. 648 hp 1351 tq uncorrected
1996 12v 2.8 puller "dominate this"
R.I.P. Tucker
kmkdiesel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2010, 05:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

let me rephrase I was mistaken.. the Lonestar is branded that way for the texas market and it is available in other states but its rare to find in other states than texas. It usually has to be ordered with that package when out of state to get it instead of a big horn. There is no option difference other than the badges. everything you can get on a lone star you can order for a big horn and vise-verse... apologies I spoke too soon... but I just looked at the dealer marketing info to clarify.
That doesn't mean that that option can't be custom tailored later down the road to include other 1 off options but as of right now the option group is the same and price is the same.
bubsmechanic is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2010, 05:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Just goes to show ya a lot of people wish they lived in Texas
CBE6.7 (12-26-2010)
Old 12-26-2010, 06:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Longhorn Laramie has not been released yet. I like what i saw of the preview though. Lots of western stitching on brown leather seat, white faced instrument cluster, and saddlebag on rear of front seats...... I like it... not for everyone i guess.
whitenite is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.