megacab storage?? WTH?? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 4th Generation 2010 and up 6.7 Liter Cummins > 2010-2012 General Discussion
2010-2012 General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 6.7L 4th generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2010, 10:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
megacab storage?? WTH??

So I just sold my 08 Electric blue Mega and upgraded to a 2011 Laramie Mega. Well today I went to put my emergency tools ect. into my rear storage bins and found I am missing 3/4 of my storage to a giant plastic piece. WTH?? whats under this and why is it there??

Thanks

Advertisement

Old 12-11-2010, 11:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Amp for ur superduper sound system is being stored under the plastic cover u took pic of
Old 12-11-2010, 07:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpoint0 View Post
So I just sold my 08 Electric blue Mega and upgraded to a 2011 Laramie Mega. Well today I went to put my emergency tools ect. into my rear storage bins and found I am missing 3/4 of my storage to a giant plastic piece. WTH?? whats under this and why is it there??

Thanks

This is why i got the crew cab, it has in floor storage compartments and same leg room. The extra room on mega is behind the seat is all.
whitenite is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to whitenite For This Useful Post:
chrisminx (05-11-2013)
Old 12-11-2010, 09:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

They couldnt put that somewhere else? That really pisses me off cause I keep lots of things I might need there. Now i have to rethink my strategies
Old 12-11-2010, 11:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitenite View Post
This is why i got the crew cab, it has in floor storage compartments and same leg room. The extra room on mega is behind the seat is all.
Wow, I didn't know it had the same leg room as the crew.......sound kinda silly to me.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011 CUMMINS LARAMIE 2500/AUTO/3.42/MM/OD UNLOCK/S&B/20X10 XD MONSTERS/295/60/20 NITTO'S/3'' CARLI BACK COUNTRY/A.R.E. Z SERIES/SILVER BULLET 66/STEED SPEED 2ND GEN MANIFOLD/ TUNING BY DAVE
Hemisphere2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2010, 11:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
I'm not sure about that. My 09 crew cab 1500 I used to have didn't have near the room of a mega. It definitely had a lot more than my quad cab
Old 12-11-2010, 11:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasman30 View Post
Amp for ur superduper sound system is being stored under the plastic cover u took pic of
Amp, really?? can it be repositioned to regain that lost room?
kylant is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2010, 12:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Thanked 2,056 Times in 1,431 Posts
iTrader Score: 16 reviews
the mega cab has 3" more leg room than the crew
drunk on diesel is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to drunk on diesel For This Useful Post:
chrisminx (05-11-2013)
Old 12-12-2010, 02:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
Diesel Head

I guess i will measure my buddies new mega leg room tomorrow, looked to me like the seat was in the same position as the crew, but had 6 inches extra behind seat. Even still the crew has more than enough room for a tall adult. The Mega seat can also recline back a bit, nice and comfy. Ya on the crew cab the subwoofer takes up the passenger side rear under seat storage, i'm thinking on taking it out since i don't listen to music very loud, mostly listen to Blue Collar comedy or 80's on 8.

Last edited by whitenite; 12-12-2010 at 02:05 AM.
whitenite is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2010, 02:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunk on diesel View Post
the mega cab has 3" more leg room than the crew
U r right however MC has lot more + than just that think about it!
CC rear seat is not even full seat with that dip on middle, no underseat storage, rear seat do not fold down flat to the flor, rear seat does not recline like MC does my kids love it,CC does not come with hang hooks on back wall like MC does and I m sure I missed something but those just few ups over the CC rear seat but yeah I do agree AMP should of been placed bit better
Old 12-12-2010, 04:27 AM   #11 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneKennett View Post
I'm not sure about that. My 09 crew cab 1500 I used to have didn't have near the room of a mega. It definitely had a lot more than my quad cab
Those weren't true crew cabs, they were more of an ext cab with a half door in the back. In 2010 they went to a true crew cab with a fullsize door in the back. It's supposed to have more room in the crew cab now then GM or Ford.
CRFfred (05-10-2013)
Old 12-12-2010, 06:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

I went through the same thing yesterday. Brought home my new 2011 megecab and went to put some stuff in the same place and asked myself the same question. Oh well, there is a ton of space behind the seat. I would have liked the two bins though on the floor. Serious omission on the megacab. I still like the fold flat seats. When Mom and Dad go out and their three kids are at home with the sitter, the fold flat seats work well for watching the submarine races.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.