2010 pricing - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 4th Generation 2010 and up 6.7 Liter Cummins > 2010-2012 General Discussion
2010-2012 General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 6.7L 4th generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 08:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
2010 pricing

Hey all thinking of picking up a 2010 3500. So Im wondering what I should see in the way of pricing discounts and wondering what others are paying and seeing at the moment for the left over 2010's?

The truck is priced at just over $53,000. The price they gave me was $45,700 before TT&L then with TT&L $48,999.

The truck Im looking at there are 3 others on the lot set up the exact same way at the same price. So it's not like they can say its the only one around type thing.

Thanks SB.
StaffyBull is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2010, 09:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Sticker on my 2010 2500 mega cab laramie with every option dodge has was 60k and I paid 50k out the door. I bought the truck 2 weeks ago and the had two on the lot exactly the same on white one black . U name the option I have it ...sunroof two tv' s back up cam na. Parking sensors adjustable pedals rear. sliding window. 4.10 etc.
SloScooter is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2010, 09:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

here in tx, they are offering 10k off sticker.
MallardMauler is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2010, 09:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

I to am wondering the same thing. Have any of you heard if dodge with off 0% for 72 months like they did last year? Salesman at my local dealership said he didn't know for
sure but would be suprised if they did that because inventory levels are much lower than last year. Thinking of picking up a 3500 mega cab. Any comments on pricing and incentives?
jsgibson is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2010, 02:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallardMauler View Post
here in tx, they are offering 10k off sticker.
Ok thats what I thought.

With incentives at $2500 + the $500 from Farm Bureau I was thinking it should be no problem to get to 10 off.

SloScooter thats a pretty sweet deal. Especially still getting the 10 off with the TT&L. Probably can't swing that kind of deal on a $53,000 truck but its something to work for.

jsgibson I herd the same thing the other day about inventory levels when I was test driving a truck. You do some looking around and thats some what obvious. Like the truck Im trying to deal on isn't the exact truck I want but its pretty close. Only missing a couple items like NAV and I would like it to be a Laramie but I could go either way with the leather seats. But I really would like the cooled seats. But thats not really a deal breaker for me.

Off the Dodge web site for financing 36 months at 0.00 48 at 1.90 60 at 1.90 and 72 at 3.90. with $2500 incentives
Old 08-21-2010, 02:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Ive been looking as well... My bud bought when right when they came out and had a sticker of 53 and some change and after TTL and all the BS it came to 49... not to shabby for being brand new it is a 2500 laramie
Old 08-21-2010, 05:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Thanked 1,507 Times in 923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloScooter View Post
Sticker on my 2010 2500 mega cab laramie with every option dodge has was 60k and I paid 50k out the door. I bought the truck 2 weeks ago and the had two on the lot exactly the same on white one black . U name the option I have it ...sunroof two tv' s back up cam na. Parking sensors adjustable pedals rear. sliding window. 4.10 etc.
Didn't realize the 2500 Megacab was that expensive. I have every option you can get on sig. TV and, like you, you name it, it has it...and it's a 1 ton CC/ Dually. MSRP was $59,000. I had suppliers discount and a few other things and, before trade in, got it for a little under $49,000 also. With an awesome trade in on my 07.5' Chevy D/A 1 ton Dually LTZ, knocked it all the way down to $32,000....Dodge gave me the best deal on my trade.

Now is a great time to cut a deal on one of these great looking trucks.
2013 Ram 3500 DRW/CC/LB/4X4/4:10/Aisin/Longhorn Prairie Pearl Coat
2006 HR 37RLQ 5th wheel, 16,950#
Viet Nam Vet
NC Hauler is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2010, 01:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Man I hate Dodge salesmen they always seem to make you want to take a shower after dealing with then even over the phone. Dodge just seems to go out of there way to find these guys.

I was sitting telling this guy that I wasn't going to except his offer and telling him that it doesn't add up to what others have paid. Since he is 3 grand off at the moment. His reply to me was the only way those guys got 10 off on there trucks is if there dealer added 3 to the price of the truck. Then he went on to tell me how they were being nice enough to toss in the Tint, "scotch guard" which he had some fancier name for and the "paint protection" AKA wax. But I guess its my bad cause I guess those three things are now worth a grand each. Silly me forgetting about inflation.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Thanked 1,507 Times in 923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaffyBull View Post
Man I hate Dodge salesmen they always seem to make you want to take a shower after dealing with then even over the phone. Dodge just seems to go out of there way to find these guys.

I was sitting telling this guy that I wasn't going to except his offer and telling him that it doesn't add up to what others have paid. Since he is 3 grand off at the moment. His reply to me was the only way those guys got 10 off on there trucks is if there dealer added 3 to the price of the truck. Then he went on to tell me how they were being nice enough to toss in the Tint, "scotch guard" which he had some fancier name for and the "paint protection" AKA wax. But I guess its my bad cause I guess those three things are now worth a grand each. Silly me forgetting about inflation.

I built the truck in my sig. on the Dodge website and it came out to exactly the window sticker price of $59,000. Now I did get a suppliers discount as well as an additional $500 off for having insurance with Farm Bureau, (can even be a member and get the $500 discount)...BUT, before they figured in my trade, price had dropped from 59,000 to 48,850 or something like that. Best trade in offer I got was from Dodge dealership...so with those discounts, I actually DID get 10k off the "window sticker" price.....Don't know about the scotch guard, paint protection and whatever, those ARE rip-offs...

oh..it's not just the Dodge stealership sales people that make you feel like you need a shower when they give you "their line"....you'd probably feel the same need for a shower after dealing with GM/Chevy and Ford sales people too.
2013 Ram 3500 DRW/CC/LB/4X4/4:10/Aisin/Longhorn Prairie Pearl Coat
2006 HR 37RLQ 5th wheel, 16,950#
Viet Nam Vet

Last edited by NC Hauler; 08-23-2010 at 01:53 AM.
NC Hauler is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2010, 03:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Hauler View Post
I built the truck in my sig. on the Dodge website and it came out to exactly the window sticker price of $59,000. Now I did get a suppliers discount as well as an additional $500 off for having insurance with Farm Bureau, (can even be a member and get the $500 discount)...BUT, before they figured in my trade, price had dropped from 59,000 to 48,850 or something like that. Best trade in offer I got was from Dodge dealership...so with those discounts, I actually DID get 10k off the "window sticker" price.....Don't know about the scotch guard, paint protection and whatever, those ARE rip-offs...

oh..it's not just the Dodge stealership sales people that make you feel like you need a shower when they give you "their line"....you'd probably feel the same need for a shower after dealing with GM/Chevy and Ford sales people too.
Yeah I added my FB membership.

Im not saying that Ford or Chevy don't have any negative sales men. I have dealt with them as well. But in my experience Dodge has always been the worse.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:45 AM   #11 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Dealing with the salesmen has always and proboly always will be the worst part of buying a new vehicle. They are just trying to get the sale but the way they go about it just ruins it for me sometimes!
speeddemon619 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2010, 10:15 AM   #12 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Ever wonder why a dealer can sell a truck well below invoice? Have you ever had a dealer tell you that they lost money selling you a vehicle? Well they can sell way below invoice, they didn't lose any money on it either. When they sell new vehicles there are about a dozen ways they make money off u. Some of they ways is the car u trade in. Another is the interest rate. When they run your credit report your Rico score will put you in a tier group. The dealwr will actually make money of whatever interest rate they get you. For instance if your tier one you qualify for 0-5.9 pct interest. That's why the dealer asks what do you want your payment to be? Another way they make money is how many vehicles they moved that month. More vehicles they move bigger check from the manufactuer. The can take a loss on the truck but get big money from dodge because selling the truck might put them in a different bonus bracket.
T
Another way is something called holdback, something alot of people do not know about. Holdback is the money that dodge gives the dealer to pay for advertising that vehicle. The more thw vehicle costs the more hold back there is. In a 50k truck holdback would be around 3500. So start negotiating around invoice then the rebates and you should be around 5-7k below that stickee. Then tell them to give u half the holdback . You should now be closer to to 10k off. Just my 2 cents. Hopefully this helps u get ur new truck.
SloScooter is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.