block heater cord routing - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 4th Generation 2010 and up 6.7 Liter Cummins > 2010-2012 General Discussion
2010-2012 General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 6.7L 4th generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 07:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
block heater cord routing

alrite the tards at the dealer sold me a truck without a block heater in wisconsin.. anyways i said just give me the cord and il put it on myself. the cord has them tabs on it to stick it in holes along the frame. but i can figure out where the last 2 tabs go does anyone have pics of how to route that cord up into the bumper? i would greatly appreciate it. thanks
2010 3500 Crew LB Laramie, G56, BLACKMAXX, ATS H-11 Headstuds, SBC 3600 DD, E.D. Billet S366/74, Steed Speed gated mani, WCC grid heater intake horn, GDP AIRBOSS Grid heater delete, GDP boost tube, AirDog II 165, Fab fours front (pre-runner) and rear bumpers
farmin is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2010, 12:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Block heater routing

I just installed my heater cord today...and I have pics!! I am not sure if my cord was routed correctly or not. I will have 2 pics - one is of the socket where it plugs into and the other is of the final resting place of the line cord. The final resting place is to the right of the left tow hook (towards the center of the truck). I have a 2010 2500 crew cab, 6.7. I tried to load the pics, but I guess the files are too big. Can anyone tell me how to reduce the size of the pic???
raytown diesel dog is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2010, 12:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 36 reviews
host the pics on photobucket. its easy and free. once you get them loaded there just copy and paste the img tag and they will show up on here.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

pics

can i email them to you??
Old 09-06-2010, 01:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

block heater cord

here are the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
block heater cord routing-th_100_2611.jpg   block heater cord routing-th_100_2617.jpg  
Old 09-06-2010, 09:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Tech support junkie

The dealer also was dumb and sold me one with out a heater in Pa. I got a cord from work but im gonna put a chrome plate like deal like the big truck use and mount it to the bumper
CUMMINS & MAXXFORCE
Powering Americas Future
powerstroke8994 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2010, 09:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
You can use use zip ties to route the cord anyway you want. I put one of these on my truck, it makes plugging the extention cord in less of a hassle & it has a snap on cover to keep dirt & water out the plug.

WIGIDIGIT BLOCK HEATER BUMPER PLUG ('03-'09 DODGE)-Dodge Cummins Diesel Truck Accessories – Geno’s Garage
Old 09-06-2010, 09:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
Tech support junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Briar View Post
You can use use zip ties to route the cord anyway you want. I put one of these on my truck, it makes plugging the extention cord in less of a hassle & it has a snap on cover to keep dirt & water out the plug.

WIGIDIGIT BLOCK HEATER BUMPER PLUG ('03-'09 DODGE)-Dodge Cummins Diesel Truck Accessories – Geno’s Garage
Thats what i got here to install at some point if i ever get around to it
CUMMINS & MAXXFORCE
Powering Americas Future
powerstroke8994 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2010, 10:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

block heater routing

My installation went OK - once I found the plug (just behind the oil filter). I had a hard time finding a route for the cord. I ended up going to the right of the radiator, at the bottom of the radiator and snaking it through the bumper, ending up just to the right of the right (passenger) tow hook. I used the attached plastic pins. Theyn lined up almost perfectly with the small holes in the inside of the frame. All in all - it was an educational experience for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.