2012 MegaCab 3500 Slow Build - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
2010-2012 General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 6.7L 4th generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
2012 MegaCab 3500 Slow Build

Hey, everybody. Just thought I'd start a thread about my truck. I bought it with 4,000 miles on it and had it shipped from Montana to Indiana. I'm up to 59,000 right now, and it's been a great truck so far. It's a daily driver/farm truck/family hauler. It's pretty well stock so far, but I'm looking to do a few more things in the near future. It's a Laramie and so far I've debadged it, Weatherguard toolbox, Weathertech floor mats, Duraflaps, AMP steps, tailgate assist, Line-X in the bed, and put on a B&W goosneck hitch. Finally wore down the factory tires several months back and replaced with Mastercraft 285/70/17 Courser AXT. Now I don't get stuck if I park on wet grass.

Clean truck

Filling up our little service trailer with fuel for the combine last fall.

On 4th of July we drive the "Freedom Truck" around for a couple of days.

Love our lift in the shop

2012 3500 Laramie Mega SRW 4x4, CPS Emissions Intact Spade Tuner, Mastercraft 285/70/17, Duraflaps, AMP Research steps, Line-X, Weatherguard Toolbox, Weathertech mats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 04:57 PM
Cummins Enthusiast

Nice truck, Wish I had a lift.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
Added 7 pin plug in the bed for gooseneck trailer, and I sometimes put a 25 gallon spray tank back there for driveway and roadside spraying around the farm.

When I had two trucks for a few weeks. My 2004 LLY Duramax I bought with 223,000 miles on it, and sold with 260,000 miles. I do kinda miss having a truck someone else had already dinged up for me. It was nice having a vehicle I didn't feel the need to keep clean all the time! Was a great truck. Would've driven it across the country any day.
2013-09-24082048HDR_zps3f36c400.jpg Photo by farmboy505 | Photobucket

Doing work.

Other trucks

2012 3500 Laramie Mega SRW 4x4, CPS Emissions Intact Spade Tuner, Mastercraft 285/70/17, Duraflaps, AMP Research steps, Line-X, Weatherguard Toolbox, Weathertech mats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSINND View Post
Nice truck, Wish I had a lift.
Thanks. When we built the shop in 2010 and decided to put in a lift we weren't sure we'd use it a lot. Of course we use it all the time now. Paid for it in labor with my old truck rebuilding front end components and pulling the transfer case out one time. Stuff I probably would've paid the dealer to do vs laying on my back otherwise. Considered a 4 post because it'd be easier to get stuff in the air, but then it would always be taking up all that space when not in use so we stuck with a 2 post.

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 05:12 PM
Cummins Enthusiast

I like the 2 post for that reason, little more setup but not a big deal.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 11:51 AM
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
Interested in seeing what your build your truck into!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2010 DODGE RAM 6.7 CUMMINS, 2.5 FRONT LEVELING KIT, Bilstein Steering Stabilizer, 20x9 WRAPPED IN MASTERCRAFT 33's, REAR AIR BAG LEVELING, TRex grille, Pioneer Subwoofer upgrade, JBL GX963, Banks Cold Air intake, Carbon Fiber Interior Upgrade, Bilstein Steering Stabilizer and constantly looking for new upgrades!
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
The light that came with my AMP steps died out of me. I still had power at the wires, so I just pulled the AMP lights off and used the existing wires to power my new lights. I got a roll of LED lights off eBay. They are waterproof and you can cut them to length to run fully under the doors. They provide way more light than the little AMP lights. They have a sticky back and I put them up under the truck where they can't be seen. They are supposed to be bright white, but they have a little purple tint to them. The darker it is outside the whiter they look.

There's a pig tail on each end of the roll so I cut both sides as long as I wanted and scrapped the bit in the middle that was leftover.

Lights under the truck. There is a flat area on the backside of the rocker hidden by the pinch weld.

Lights at work!
https://youtu.be/oKRQjiJt55s
crispy20ndone likes this.

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 12:25 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetic View Post
The light that came with my AMP steps died out of me. I still had power at the wires, so I just pulled the AMP lights off and used the existing wires to power my new lights. I got a roll of LED lights off eBay. They are waterproof and you can cut them to length to run fully under the doors. They provide way more light than the little AMP lights. They have a sticky back and I put them up under the truck where they can't be seen. They are supposed to be bright white, but they have a little purple tint to them. The darker it is outside the whiter they look.

There's a pig tail on each end of the roll so I cut both sides as long as I wanted and scrapped the bit in the middle that was leftover.

Lights under the truck. There is a flat area on the backside of the rocker hidden by the pinch weld.

Lights at work!

https://youtu.be/oKRQjiJt55s

That looks nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2010 DODGE RAM 6.7 CUMMINS, 2.5 FRONT LEVELING KIT, Bilstein Steering Stabilizer, 20x9 WRAPPED IN MASTERCRAFT 33's, REAR AIR BAG LEVELING, TRex grille, Pioneer Subwoofer upgrade, JBL GX963, Banks Cold Air intake, Carbon Fiber Interior Upgrade, Bilstein Steering Stabilizer and constantly looking for new upgrades!
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 12:36 PM
Cummins Enthusiast

Looks great, hopefully they last.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
Yeah they are cheap. Think I paid about $15 shipped. They've been on since May and good so far.

post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
60,000 mile service done at the dealer today. My wife notice some dark spots in the driveway over the weekend. Looked under the truck to find the front diff was leaking, so I called the dealer yesterday to have them add this to the list along with regular service. Turns out the pinion seal was leaking. Replaced under warranty so that was good. Other than that fresh fluids for diffs, trans, transfer case, and a fuel filter.

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
Calibrated Power Solutions Emissions Intact Tuning

Found this box on my front porch just now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode