Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Battery/engine ground points and ECM/VP ground mod

6K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  nickg 
#1 ·
I have yet to do these checks/mod to my rig. I was going to go out this afternoon and check/clean/tighten my ground points and do the ground wire mod for the VP44/ECM. Can anyone tell me where the ground points are on a 2001.5 so I don't lay under the truck for an hour looking for them? How about the VP44 mod, is that the blue wire or another...I cannot remember anymore.

#2 ·
Well, I went out and did the APPS rewire and checked most of the grounds, as I suspected they looked good. In case anyone else can't remember that it is the black wire with yellow tracer that you cut and run both ends of to a good solid ground, then I have attached the instructions from Suncoast.

:)

#3 ·
Well, I tried to attach the PDF but it is too big...

#4 ·
I get the feeling I am talking to myself, but oh well. I am sure this is a topic that has been beat to death anyway.

I can report though, that doing the Suncoast ground mod to the APPS has apparently rid my billet triple disc converter of the dreaded lock-up/unlock failure at 40-50 mph. SWEET!

#6 ·
Is there a way you could post a link to the attachment since it is too big?

#7 ·
The instructions can found at Suncoast. The attachment is a PDF and I cannot link it from my PC.

You two shouldn't need to worry with it though since you are rowing gears.

#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.