Improve fuel mileage???? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 07.5 - 09 6.7 Liter Cummins > 07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Powertrain
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2008, 09:59 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Improve fuel mileage????

Will a drop in K&N or and edge module bring up the mileage. I get 7 to 8 mpg towing my trailer and I sure would like to improve that. I see someone states they have an air box mod. I would appreiciate any info on this. I did have the oil level increase problem happen after the dealer changed the oil last time. Never before did it happen. I got back from a trip and the oil is the same level , no increase yet.
Big Black is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2008, 10:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Id say about any programer that you put on your truck would increase your mileage pulling a trailer... the more horsepower then less your gonna be pulling down on the motor the better fuel mileage... I personally love my Edge Juice w/attitude but there are a lot of other great programmers out there as well...
Old 04-21-2008, 10:16 AM   #3 (permalink)

Have edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by tclappcummins View Post
Id say about any programer that you put on your truck would increase your mileage pulling a trailer... the more horsepower then less your gonna be pulling down on the motor the better fuel mileage... I personally love my Edge Juice w/attitude but there are a lot of other great programmers out there as well...
I have an edge with no attitude that I had on but never did tow with it. I took it off to do a recall and never put it back on. I plan to put it on to tow on the next trip. I was wonder if you had any actual figures on any improve ment. I think I am going to get some more air flow into the air box also.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Well before I had my edge pulling our 28ft boxed trailer LOADED with quads i was getting 11-12 and with the edge I got 14-15
Old 04-21-2008, 10:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Head

I do apologize i failed to notice this was in the 6.7 discussion I just saw it in the new posts.... Keep in mind my results are from a 5.9
Old 04-21-2008, 11:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
Washington Chapter Vice President

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
for mileage alone the MP-8 seems to be the best option. It is only a module though. With the edge you get the attitude monitor and the gauges. Very nice option. There is also the Bullydog PMT out now that has a monitor. Seems to be getting good reviews. Any of those should help your mileage and be a good addition. Also look at getting more air in and out of the truck.

FTEDiesel
Compcowboy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2008, 11:16 AM   #7 (permalink)

price on bully dog PMT

Does anyone know how much bully dog is?
XL PLUS is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2008, 11:38 AM   #8 (permalink)

K2dieselperformance has them on his site. IIRC the are right about $1000

FTEDiesel
Old 04-21-2008, 11:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Diesel Head

That might seem high at first but when you consider that the best price you will be able to find on a new edgje juice w/ att is 799.20 plus the 100.00 fee for the hot-unlock the pmt is only 100 higher. so it is pretty much whatever you prefer.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:50 AM   #10 (permalink)

I have the edge with no attiude, 3 position switch and the srt10 colum mount with a dual read EGT/boost gauge. I have not towed with it but I understand it advances the fuel timing some so to me it seems it should. When you state get more air in , what are the options. I see some have stated , gutted the down pipe. To me it looks like it doesnt come apart without cutting it up. I have a foam filter from my 5.9 which fits in but it seemed to pop the airfilter indicator a bit so I took it out and put the stock filter back in. The foam seemed to restrict the flow more than the stock. I have K&N filters in everything else and am thinking of getting one and running some more outside free air into the box as I did in the 5.9 Any info would be helpfull. I already have the edge.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:57 AM   #11 (permalink)

Well there is the DPF delete kits. They are an option for removing the 3 filters in the exhaust. You dont want to gut the downpipe without removing the rest. You will though at this time get a cel. I was also under the impression that the edge was only available with the attitude for the 6.7s. With out the attitude monitor you will not be able to use the clear codes at startup function to remove the "soft" codes.

FTEDiesel
Old 04-21-2008, 12:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Diesel Head

You can use the Juice without the Attitude on the 6.7. It is rare for people to do it but you can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.