H & S Overdrive Tune - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 07.5 - 09 6.7 Liter Cummins > 07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Powertrain
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

View Poll Results: How many rigs with or without OD tune while running a H&s tuner
With OD tune 45 77.59%
Without OD tune 13 22.41%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 01:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
H & S Overdrive Tune

Quick question–how many peeps in here running a H&S tuner with or without their overdrive tune and mileage driven?
revmax (12-23-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 11:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I was without OD for the first year (5k miles) and have 2 more with it (12k miles). I Love it. I used to get a shutter on the low end with moderate or high acceleration and OD cured that. The shifting with the stock tune was so awful that I had to manually shift anytime I pulled a trailer. OD cured all of that.

Now I just drop it in D, or if I want to limit a high gear I just select that gear and I drive. No need to mess with anything. The adjustability during the download process if great too.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Before i vote, does it count if my TCM is tuned by overdrive and i dont have a H&S? lol
BIG BLACK- 07.5 6.7 2500QCSB, S467 FMW with Stainless Diesel 2nd gen manifold, EFIBYRYAN, ARP 2000's, ATS Stage 4, TCM tuned by Dave Matthews, Air Dog 165, Diamond Eye 5", S&B air filter, Amsoil Oil bypass, Autometer Boost, Pyro, Trans, Fuel, Rail Pressure, 295/75/18 Toyo Open Country MT's on Moto Metal Black 951's, Suspension Maxx leveling kit, All Amsoil oils, Spyder and Recon lights , Blue gauge light swap
Big thanks to Legendary Diesel, Krazeeun, NitrousKix, Dave Matthews, and everyone else thats helped with this build!
Michigandodgeguy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 01:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

I think I did deletes and programmer around 120,000 km, Overdrive was installed at about 130,000 km. I HATED how the truck shifted stock, it shifts so much better with OD that if I had to go back to stock, I probably wouldn't even want to drive it. I've got just over 160,000 km on the truck now.
2007 6.7L 3500 4x4 SRW QC/LB SLT - Mini Maxx w/ OD & MCC, Flo-Pro, Superhitch, Tekonsha P3, 37" Toyo, Redhead w/ PSC brace, ADD bumper, TrailReady, OnX, Carli 3" w/ leafs, swaybar, control arms, airbags, balljoints, dual opposing SS, truss, and King 3.0s
The End is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

I had to send my TCM to Dave and have it flashed for my RevMax transmission. I don't have but around 100 miles on it with stock power til 300 miles and the difference is night and day.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
2007.5 Dodge 3500 6.7 Larimie MegaCab SRW Running Smarty 28MEb, 5" TBE, EGR & Cooler Gone, AEM Brute Force instake, AirDog II . Full front end replacement bumper and rear replacement also.325/65R18 Goodyear Duratrac's and 18" KMC Crank Wheels
Brad1103 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 07:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

So let me ask a question here. To those that have run it do you experience a light throttle surge for a second at random times. I ran mild without od for 10k and added it for a 3500mi trip. My mileage went in the toilet and I even went back to stock and reloaded without od but it was remembering my gauge selection and eb on so it was remembering some stuff. I just deleted the sd card and reloaded the firmware and started from scratch without od. All indications are mileage is going back up. I'll verify once I fill up. Not to jack this thread but as a caution being everything I read on it was great.

So my summary would be yes the tranny was remarkably better but I lost right around 4 mpg around town and the highway and truck ran like borderline sh*t. H&S wants zero to do with the problem even when I try and talk fuel tables etc with them avoiding mpg. If I wanted a 12mpg rat I would have left it stock. Personally I feel like I was robbed of $300 until/ if it ever gets resolved
Old 12-23-2012, 07:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Diesel Head

i feel like mine has dropped too, but ive only had it in 120 miles.. just seems like the fuel guage is dropping faster.. very easily could be wrong.. Im going to wait till i get 500 miles on it to know for sure
BIG BLACK- 07.5 6.7 2500QCSB, S467 FMW with Stainless Diesel 2nd gen manifold, EFIBYRYAN, ARP 2000's, ATS Stage 4, TCM tuned by Dave Matthews, Air Dog 165, Diamond Eye 5", S&B air filter, Amsoil Oil bypass, Autometer Boost, Pyro, Trans, Fuel, Rail Pressure, 295/75/18 Toyo Open Country MT's on Moto Metal Black 951's, Suspension Maxx leveling kit, All Amsoil oils, Spyder and Recon lights , Blue gauge light swap
Big thanks to Legendary Diesel, Krazeeun, NitrousKix, Dave Matthews, and everyone else thats helped with this build!
Old 12-23-2012, 08:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Revmax Converters

Great post! The OD tune is one of the best upgrades you can do to a stock transmission!
Facebook: Revmax Torque Converters

www.revmaxconverters.com

revmax is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 09:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

I guess when it comes down to it, I would much rather lose on the mileage side than start replacing High Dollar hard parts before I needed to or funds were available.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
2007.5 Dodge 3500 6.7 Larimie MegaCab SRW Running Smarty 28MEb, 5" TBE, EGR & Cooler Gone, AEM Brute Force instake, AirDog II . Full front end replacement bumper and rear replacement also.325/65R18 Goodyear Duratrac's and 18" KMC Crank Wheels
Brad1103 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 09:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Diesel Head

yeah thats what i was thinking too.. Im not ready to complain yet haha, we'll see how it goes in a month or 2
Old 12-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

But yet h&s insists that there are no changes made besides to the tcm. If anything od keeps the truck from lugging and just like locking it in to gear is should be highly effective and getting better mpgs. Every shred I read on od guys stated they picked up something and general census was a couple mpg. So if it only does tcm then why do I all of a sudden get the surge? It's not when the converters locked up and the screen shows it not changing gears and doesn't feel tranny related. My opinion is there's something that's causing a conflict (way above my knowledge level). But who knows when I have time to burn and sit in a freezing cold truck I'll deal with it and h&s.

I think we can all agree that we want to preserve the tranny in our trucks. However when we pay an additional $300 for it to kill mileage and surge? Not remotely acceptable in my book. Plus if I wanted horrible mileage I'd go back to a 6l Sierra. At least then I had a reliable truck that didn't have tranny, dpf, egr and the laundry list goes on of issues. Plain and simple H&S needs to really say what the tuner does when it adds it and fix the issue. They're collecting A LOT of $300 from everyone and need to do right by it.

Sorry for the rant but I've spent hrs on this to no avail and cost me a good amount in additional fuel for what??? Nothing but aggrevation in my eyes
Old 12-23-2012, 10:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Well, it cant be related to anything BUT the TCM, considering i just have a OD tuned TCM.. Never had a H&S programmer installed on my truck ever
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.