Dual remote oil filter kit - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 07.5 - 09 6.7 Liter Cummins > 07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Powertrain
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 12:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Theorist

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Dual remote oil filter kit

Anybody running one of these? I really like the idea of extended oil change intervals, relocation of mounting position and the better micron filtration...Dual Remote Filtration System Mounting Kit BMK23 by Amsoil
cummins4g63 (05-06-2012), Duluth Diesel (05-06-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by afghanfree View Post
Anybody running one of these? I really like the idea of extended oil change intervals, relocation of mounting position and the better micron filtration...Dual Remote Filtration System Mounting Kit BMK23 by Amsoil
Iam also thinking about it. Anyone with pics would be even better
2011 RAM 3500 MC srw 68Rfe laramie 6.7 line x, afe stage 2 Cai, Rancho rs9000xl,5inch turbo-back w/ muffler, mini maxx w/ overdrive, egr delete (full), GDP big fuel line kit. Amsoil By-Pass/full flow and CI-4, B&W turnover,Mag-Hytec 68rfe/rear diff pan/cover
cummins4g63 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2012, 11:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
The BMK-21 is the recommended bypass kit for these trucks currently. AMSOIL discontinued the BMK-25 kit, but I'm checking in to what parts would be necessary to make a dual kit that would work like the BMK-25.

Bypass filtration is a huge benefit to diesel engines, especially modified engines that soot load their oil at rates much quicker than bone stock engines. Standard Mopar/Wix cellulose filters at 35 microns. Fleetguard Stratapore filters are 25 microns. AMSOIL EaO full flow filters are 15 microns. AMSOIL bypass filters are rated at 2.00 microns. All micron ratings are noted at absolute efficiency (99.97%) rather than nominal (50%). Watch out for manufacturers that give you finer micron ratings but fail to inform you that they are nominal, not absolute. That makes a huge difference.

If anyone wants quotes on AMSOIL systems, feel free to PM me since I can't post pricing on the open forum.

-Chuck

Duluth Diesel is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Duluth Diesel For This Useful Post:
Doug B (05-11-2012), M*A*S*H (05-06-2012)
Old 05-13-2012, 12:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

Amsoil Bypass Filter Installs

Here are a couple previous posts with info that may be helpful

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/6-...s-bracket.html

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/6-...lots-pics.html
Old 08-02-2012, 01:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Hey guys. I really need a remote oil filter for my Cummins. With the V-Mac compressor mounted under the front of the engine, the oil filter is a pain to get at.
It takes me an hour to change oil in my rig. Mounting it behind the front bumper would be sweet.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Pellerin is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2012, 02:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Diesel Head

My filter farm. Oil on right, Fuel separator and filter on left.

2007 2500 Mega 6.7L EFI Live, ATS Stage 2 68RFE w/ CoPilot, MHP/B&G TCM Mod Tune, 2 WD w/ NV271 Manual Transfer Case, Edge JWA Gauges, Nitto Terra Grappler 285 70 17, Fixed the DPF, NOX and EGR, much better now, AFE Stage 2 Pro Dry, Shibby Stage one intake, BM EWG, Autometer 7504/7505/7506 Boost gauges, Maxxbrake controller, Rancho 9000XL with MyRide, Hellwig air bags, A wealth of stealth.
2500MegaDiesel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2012, 08:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

2500mega that's a sick setup. Chuck is a good guy, he set me straight. I went with the bmk21 as its recommended over the dual bypass.. I followed this guys right up, easy and only required a piece of metal and some bolts. http://www.amsoil.com/bypassfilters/...Ram_Uzunis.pdf
Old 08-02-2012, 09:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500MegaDiesel View Post
My filter farm. Oil on right, Fuel separator and filter on left.

ah....wouldn't those fuel filters work better if you had ran the fuel lines to them
Old 08-02-2012, 10:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
VP Moderator

Thanked 1,366 Times in 1,178 Posts
my take on add on bypass systems.

And how many more miles will this setup get before it wears out? I don't believe a bypass will get you any more miles, regardless of claims of greatness made.
What benefit is it, when one the hoses takes a crap and dumps oil. Besides the return in filler cap looks like xxxx (use your own explitive)..
Engines don't fail from oil and filtering problems when changed properlly. JMHO of course.
2008 3500 stock QCLB dually Inferno red. Toys: Fuel injected Rampage, Road Grader, 1586 tractor, 60K genset, Honda ATV, and more. Back in business with a Hitachi EX270LC excavator. The dirt slinging has begun with 50+ acres to clear.
dozer12216 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.