Join Date: Oct 2011
Thanked 35 Times in 25 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Just a follow up. I had this problem code for quite a while and fixed it this last weekend. I removed the sensor (again, this is the exh. manifold pressure sensor right by the coolant goosneck). Sure, enough that little elbow was packed solid with carbon. I cleaned it out, deleted the code and it hasn't come back yet.
Here's my procedure (no gaurentees this is the best way, but it worked for me):
1) Remove the harness connection from the sensor
2) Use a 27 mm deep well socket to remove the sensor from the elbow. ( I think 1-1/16 may work too).
3) Remove the stainless pressure tube from the "elbow block" (that the sensor screws into)
4) Scrape out an clean the carbon in the sensor well (from the top).
5) Clean out the horizontal hole that connects the stainless tube to the sensor well. This is a pretty small hole and for me the carbon was packed solidly in there. I used a 1/16" dirill bit by hand to "drill" it ouut. I found it worked to wrap some electrical tape around the shank on the drill bit to get some twisting leverage).
6) Reconnect the stainless tube.
7) Screw the sensor back in.
8) Reconnect the harness to the sensor.
'07.5 2500 ST, 2wd, QCSB, G56 6-speed manual, 3.73 gears. DPF, EGR, IAT, CCV, NOx Cat deletes. Smarty Jr FE tune w/ most adv timing. Homemade ram CAI, Upper & lower grille block, tonneau cover, Dual 150W oil pan heaters ~Fuel mileage obsession~