ATS Co-pilot - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 07.5 - 09 6.7 Liter Cummins > 07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Powertrain
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 12:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
ATS Co-pilot

Any one running one with just a stock tranny or with any upgraded parts? The product info sounds good and I have seen some great reviews online from people who have them. I am looking for more info so I can decide my options for my tranny issues.
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2011, 02:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
I drive a Cummins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAFBFD58 View Post
Any one running one with just a stock tranny or with any upgraded parts? The product info sounds good and I have seen some great reviews online from people who have them. I am looking for more info so I can decide my options for my tranny issues.
Yea there's a fella on here with the handle "Pcdebol" that runs the ATS tranny with Co-Pilot. And if im not mistaken he likes it fairly well. He's not hard to find, shoot him a PM.
07.5 6.7L 2500 Lone Star 4x4, Ranch Hand bump, 35" Dynapro MT's, Hella 700FF's, XRT Pro, S&B CAI, Edge CTS, FULL deletes, Flo-Pro TBE, Smoked Recons, MHP Tranny Tune, dual CAT fuel filters, 100HP Injectors, FASS HPFP, Big line kit, GDP ff delete, Sinister Rail Plug, TGC 3.5" Lift

Shibby Stage II Intake & TV Delete!

clark9693 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2011, 02:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Already talked to him on another site. Wanted to see what every one else thinks.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
I have done some research and thats what im going with. I don't need another hotrod truck, this one is stayin almost stock. I'll do the ATS converter and co-pilot, should be nice. I heard it is similar to the co-pilot for the Allison, which they have had good luck with as well.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

I was wondering about this too. Is it ok to to install it on a stock tranny, and is it necessary to upgrade the converter? No mods on my truck, but would like my tranny to last, well, forever. Is that too much to ask????
"New Truck" '97 3500 Ext. Cab Dually 4x4, 12V, 5-Speed w/South Bend DD 3600 Dual Disc Clutch, AFC moved forward w/AFC foot grind and tuned, #0 Fuel plate, bigger injectors, AFE Stage II Intake, Isspro Pyro & Boost Gauges
niedhogg is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2011, 08:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

im getting a goerend triple disc and later down the road the ats copilot.. i know a guy with a co-pilot in the mail ill inform you on how he likes it
CUMMINS FIREFIGHTER is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2011, 08:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

From ATS website says you can. For me I would need an upgraded tc
Old 02-03-2011, 11:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Ran07 has one in the mail ask him how he likes it when he gets it in. I think hes putting it with a goerend though.
07.5 Blue 4X4, WCC intake, mini maxx, smarty and SC tuners, Banks IC, 3.5 tubes throughout, 50Hp DDP nozzles, S&B CAI, ATS Transmission, Co-Pilot for the shifting, Fully functional ever so slightly Modded vgt sporting a 76/64 turbine, high volume 60mm wheel spinning in a h2e compressor housing. 62/88 wheel is on the way to mount in my hx50 housing for a touch more boost. The fun way to get dp under control. Did I mention I have studs.
pcdebol is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2011, 12:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcdebol View Post
Ran07 has one in the mail ask him how he likes it when he gets it in. I think hes putting it with a goerend though.
i believe its a goerend dual disc
Old 02-04-2011, 09:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

I think Ran got a completely built Trans from Goerend, not just a converter.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disnitch View Post
I think Ran got a completely built Trans from Goerend, not just a converter.
His race truck has a fully built Goerend 48 another truck of his has a Goerend dual disc
Old 02-04-2011, 10:48 AM   #12 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
I called and spoke with ATS.
The Co pilot on a non modified By ATS) will hold about 400hp.
When asked why, he mentioned that the transmission has a (my words) a pressure relief valve/circuit, that limits to ~ 160psi( I forget the exact #).
So even if commanded to a higher pressure, the tranny has mechanical reliefs that comes into play.

The ATS modified transmission has the circuit modified. He mentioned ~ 400psi .
So the co pilot then is able to control LARGE power and torque #'s.

Also, they said that the 1st gear sprags are not used(High Failure rate) (I don't recall this forum mentioning that...)
So stock and ATS modded, the first gear sprag circuit is eliminated....
shift patterns, holding the motor in lower rpm/meat of the torque curves, .....

Sounds awesome, cause I'm getting major shudder and the tranny / torque convert comes unlock over 1/2 throttle during 65-100+ runs.

This setup sounds like it really get the power out of the worked 6.7's.

Saving pennys........
2007.5 Dodge MC, 6.7, 6spd auto, 3.73, Laramie, Bulls Eye S372R turbo, T4-HTT manifold, 90hp Wicked Diesel Injectors,EFI - LIVE tuned by Ryan!, Arson III, AirdogII -165, ARP 625 studs, ATS 68RFE -billet and Co-Pilot, Red-Head Steering Gear
keithstef is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to keithstef For This Useful Post:
DAFBFD58 (02-05-2011), joelc79 (02-04-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.