Simple DPF and EGR Delete Questions - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 07.5 - 09 6.7 Liter Cummins > 07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Powertrain
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 10:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Simple DPF and EGR Delete Questions

So, what is required for a EGR and DPF delete setup? What is needed, who makes them, what is involved with install, and anything else I need to know?

Thanks.

Robert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2009, 11:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Here is the site where u can get all that stuff (H&S)Dodge: H&S Performance i suggest u do some mad search on here it will answer all ur questions.

Nye.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Yeah, I agree with nyerin27 H&S has got some good stuff. It would be better and easier on you just to buy the kit. It has everything you need and you can stack them with a tuner. It's a simple proccess just putting sims on sensors and plugging a box into your egr wire and a box that goes into your ECM port. I'm pretty sure that sums it up. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

I called James at RSD yesterday. They sell a DPF delete kit which comes with a delete pipe and the EGT modules. He recommended the EGR blocker plates also. James did tell me a few people that have done this, have had the overhead begin to chime. If this happens, does anyone know how to disable the chime?
Thumper7 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2009, 09:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Thanks for the responses! I did do a search. A very large search it would seem. Sooo much data!

Question. Looked at H&S's site. Can their exhaust kit be used with another brand of tuner? Better question, is there other brands of tuners that are 100% code free units and elliminate all codes?

If so, what is the best brand of tuner?
Old 10-15-2009, 10:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Smarty, H&S XRT, and Black max all code free tuners
Check out Toms Smarty Journal thread, lots of good info for all your questions will be answered there.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bschwarzli View Post
Thanks for the responses! I did do a search. A very large search it would seem. Sooo much data!

Question. Looked at H&S's site. Can their exhaust kit be used with another brand of tuner? Better question, is there other brands of tuners that are 100% code free units and elliminate all codes?

If so, what is the best brand of tuner?
Yeah, if your talkin about the delete kit when you say exhaust kit then I don't think you have to use an H&S tuner to clear the codes. Alot of different performance companies sell the same kit so it doesn't really matter which tuner you use. You can even go to advanced auto parts or somewhere and buy a cheap code clearer. If you get the kit you won't need a programmer anyways to delete the codes. Does that answer your question or am I off track? But really there are some mixed opinions about the best tuner personally I think the cummins run the best with either a Smarty or an H&S tuner, the xrt for sure the blackmaxx is still up in the air since it hasn't been out long. I think alot of people will agree with me on that.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

By the way, just about any popular tuner will have the code clearing ability it's just mainly your preference.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Yeah, thats what I was referring to by exhaust kit. They have a kit with everything included.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
You're wrong! Get over it

Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,400 Posts
Contact James at RSD. Rollin' Smoke Diesel - Diesel Perfomance Parts

He can work thu all your questions and guide to an exhaust and our tuner that fits your needs and budget.
2008 QC-LB,2500,4X4,White/Kaki,Big-Horn,3.73 Auto, MyGig Nav unit, K&N no baffle,DPF quit working, GHD, Shibby stage 1 intake & boost tube, Smarty, PMT for gauges, Mag-Hytec Pan & Diff covers.Dad2bike-installs-some-shibby-goodies..... DIY Deletes How-To
SNAFU
dad2bike is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.