Homemade Pressure sensor fooler not workin - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 07.5 - 09 6.7 Liter Cummins > 07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Powertrain
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 03:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Homemade Pressure sensor fooler not workin

I installed my homemade pressure sensor fooler this morning and i still get CEL and overhead display dinging. I followed all the advice and intructions from yall. I didnt have the 110 resistor so i put a 100 and a 10 in line together. And used the 390 for the other side. Used basic elec connecter with the forks and broke one side off to use as pins, fit well. I did the dpf delete a month ago and just now figured out to do the pressure sensor. its been unpluged since then. WHERE DID I GO WRONG?
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2009, 04:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
You're wrong! Get over it

Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,400 Posts
Do you have a code clearing device? If not you can do 5 key swithces to clear it. Just like the 3 to read only more.
I believe I posted a simple step by step on this somewhere. I'll see if I can find it for you.
2008 QC-LB,2500,4X4,White/Kaki,Big-Horn,3.73 Auto, MyGig Nav unit, K&N no baffle,DPF quit working, GHD, Shibby stage 1 intake & boost tube, Smarty, PMT for gauges, Mag-Hytec Pan & Diff covers.Dad2bike-installs-some-shibby-goodies..... DIY Deletes How-To
SNAFU
dad2bike is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2009, 04:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
You're wrong! Get over it

Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,400 Posts
Found it:
Try this:
Install all 3 egt foolers
Install 110/390 PS fooler (or the H&S fooler)
Unplug EGR
O2 Sensors installed
Turn on the key. DO not start
Clear codes with your scanner
Turn off the truck
Turn back on and this time start.
You should then only have the EGR code and CEL
Should not have the OHD message either.
2008 QC-LB,2500,4X4,White/Kaki,Big-Horn,3.73 Auto, MyGig Nav unit, K&N no baffle,DPF quit working, GHD, Shibby stage 1 intake & boost tube, Smarty, PMT for gauges, Mag-Hytec Pan & Diff covers.Dad2bike-installs-some-shibby-goodies..... DIY Deletes How-To
SNAFU
dad2bike is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2009, 04:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

No i dont have one. thinkin about the xrt or the edge juice/att. but i did the three key switch like shown in the video found in the tech forum i think
Old 04-10-2009, 04:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
You have to have a code clearing device in order to get rid of the overhead message, but if you are unlucky like me the message will come back in about 300 miles or so and then you will have to clear them again. I have tried every solution posted with no luck I still have to clear my codes to get rid of the message every now and then. I bought my DTC reader for about $75 from Advance Auto. I will be buying an XRT or Smarty once all the dust settles between the two and we have a clear winner
Old 04-10-2009, 05:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Tried the five key thing and nothing. Someone on here used a 100 ohm instead of the 110. Maybe try that?
Old 04-10-2009, 05:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan4434 View Post
You have to have a code clearing device in order to get rid of the overhead message, but if you are unlucky like me the message will come back in about 300 miles or so and then you will have to clear them again. I have tried every solution posted with no luck I still have to clear my codes to get rid of the message every now and then. I bought my DTC reader for about $75 from Advance Auto. I will be buying an XRT or Smarty once all the dust settles between the two and we have a clear winner
Does your DTC reader clear codes or just show them?
Old 04-10-2009, 05:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

It does both show and clear.

Here is the one I have.

Actron®
Old 04-10-2009, 05:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
It does both show and clear.

Here is the one I have.

Actron®
I just may go buy one now, did you ever get a pressure sensor fooler to work for you?
Old 04-10-2009, 05:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

my overhead was always dinging.

I think its fixed now by unhooking the batterys for a while. It isnt going off in my yard if I let it idle for 20 minutes like it would before, but I havent driven my truck down the road to be sure.

I only drive it when I go racing and thats not until next friday saturday sunday.

I had 12 codes on my code ready and 8 codes on my pmt before I disconnected the batterys!
08 6.7 4x4 Dually Crew always towing. 5"ss turbo back, PMT gauge, Smarty. AFE intake, mp-8, Wing master wing, 90 gal. auxilary tank/tool box,fire stone bags in back, on board air comp. Card custom intake horn and 3.5 tube! Air Dog 150
66jj is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2009, 05:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

I never did get the fooler to work from H&S or the home brew app.

Casey at H&S just recently though I should splice the ground wire on there fooler and connect it to the frame. It will be a while before I have time to do this and put another 300 miles on. I will let you know when/if this works.

I wish either Edge Insight or the Bullydog Watchdog would clear the codes on startup like there PMT and Attitude products do. Then I would have no need to buy an expensive Smarty or XRT. I think there are a lot of us who just want to do the deletes and don't want all the added power this kits offer to be code free. They will tell you that just to run the XRT or Smarty on the stock setting with no DPF, but what a huge waste of money just to have the CEL off. What it boils down to is about $700 or more to have a permanent fix when they could just add a feature on the insight or Watchdog to clear the codes on startup. Both of these products are under $300 plus you get all the gages you need.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
I never did get the fooler to work from H&S or the home brew app.

Casey at H&S just recently though I should splice the ground wire on there fooler and connect it to the frame. It will be a while before I have time to do this and put another 300 miles on. I will let you know when/if this works.

I wish either Edge Insight or the Bullydog Watchdog would clear the codes on startup like there PMT and Attitude products do. Then I would have no need to buy an expensive Smarty or XRT. I think there are a lot of us who just want to do the deletes and don't want all the added power this kits offer to be code free. They will tell you that just to run the XRT or Smarty on the stock setting with no DPF, but what a huge waste of money just to have the CEL off. What it boils down to is about $700 or more to have a permanent fix when they could just add a feature on the insight or Watchdog to clear the codes on startup. Both of these products are under $300 plus you get all the gages you need.
Im like you man, dont want the extra horsepower (it has plenty). Just need something to keep everything else workin right. But I'm gonna try the unhookin the batteries thing next.
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.