P0341-camshaft Position Sensor Performance - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 07.5 - 09 6.7 Liter Cummins > 07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Powertrain
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 02:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
P0341-camshaft Position Sensor Performance

Got this code today randomly! Can't be good. What could it mean. Going to the dealer tomorrow to look at.

What should I expect?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2009, 03:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

an a$$ load of BS- the dealers around here have always jacked me around. I am jaded, for sure.

Last edited by moeszyslak; 02-24-2009 at 06:41 PM.
moeszyslak is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2009, 08:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

i got that code after a random 20mph rolling burnout for 100'... street was smoking for a week

for me it meant 4 days in the shop because the diesel techs leave early on friday, not there on weekends, order the part (i told them exactly what to order beforehand) on monday, get it back on wednesday. not worth the 25 bucks it costs for a new one. its a dumb little sensor on the outside of the motor. it made starting progressively harder and driving was rough. just make sure you unplug any electronics before going in. i told them the edge was a monitoring unit.

Last edited by 100% Charbroiled; 02-19-2009 at 08:15 PM.
100% Charbroiled is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2009, 08:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Head

could you buy the part yourself and install it?
Old 02-19-2009, 10:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

At this point it is still warrantied. I get a print out of anything I have done at the Dealer. most likely just a sensor, but just playing the gamen ( it was cool smiley)

PS This forum has the best "smily" list ever. it has been a while since I have been there. Great job guys Makes it a lot more fun!
Old 02-19-2009, 11:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

they replaced it under warranty, but i still bought another one just in case it happens again on the road. i consider it an essential piece to carry in the tool box. cheap insurance!
Old 02-20-2009, 03:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Well dealer said it was a new flash that fixed the issue. no big deal. So I am fully upgraded.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

I had the crankshaft position sensor performance code come up. Which uses the same sensor as the camshaft position sensor. I don't have any warenty and ended up by just changing the sensor for $46cdn and now i keep one in the truck.
6.7smoke is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2009, 08:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

I didn't know what it meant. I just saw "camshaft" and got a little worried.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Anyone have a part number for these sensors?
slagburn is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2009, 04:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

I had a similar sensor go out on my volvo, basically all it does is monitor the revolutions of the camshaft and reports it to the ECM to help with timing. Normally these are VERY easy to change, most being easy to get to and normally only 1 bolt.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:54 PM   #12 (permalink)

First of all thanks everyone for your posts!! VERY HELPFUL!!

Ok I got the code P0341, and then P 0500...... so I got my new sensor ,,,,, I smashed my hands into the small opening, I got the clip off, I got the screw out... But when I try and back the old sensor out, the flang where the bolt (bolts in) will not screw out because it hits the engine block.... I'm sure it's the block and not the starter..... I'm so close to replacing it, it just won't unthread and it doesn't look like the new one would thread in back in..... The new sensor has a bunch of threads on the end, so I'm guess it threads in and it not just pulled out....

I know I go the right part cause the LITTLE bit I can see..... they look the same. I got the part for Cummins Direct....

PLEASE HELP!!
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.