Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Best Pyro Probe location???

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  OilFun 
#1 ·
I was told that the back EGR plate is a perfect place for it....i've always had mine on the manifold on my other trucks....Ive got the H&S delete plates on my truck so before i drill and tap this plate i wanted to see what y'all thought?

#2 · (Edited)
#4 ·
There a link posted for you where we discussed back and forth for 2 pages on this subject. I don't think there was a clear answer one way or the other.

You gonna run a waste gate?

Yes=collector for sure as your block offs will get used
No=you have your choice I guess, the plate will read cooler than the collector by a couple hundred degrees. I feel like the collector is a more accurate reading. I am not interested in melting my 6.7 down.

#5 ·
if it's a couple hundred degrees hotter in the collector then I don't think you can go wrong with that. You don't want to have it be in the block off plate and be at 1200 when you're really at 14-1500.

#6 ·
Between cylinders 5 and 6, as that will read hotter than the collector.. I have mine on the collector, why bother spending the coin for an accurate gauge and put it in a not so accurate spot, ie the block off plates... I've heard it can be at least a 300 degree difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.