Best torque converter? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 07.5 - 09 6.7 Liter Cummins > 07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Performance Parts Discussion
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 6.7L Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 12:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Best torque converter?

Whats the best converter out there? Triple disk of course. Theres several companies that make em, what's the best bang for your buck? Reliability/performance? Warranty and service? I know goerend has a lifetime warranty, but its a spendy little bugger. I saw a revmax on ebay for $1k, are they any good? All the other companies are in the middle somewhere.. Whats the best choice?
2012 Ram 2500 CCSB Bighorn, 4x4, G56, 3:73, Minimax, 5" TBE Detonator Yellow
Sold: 2007.5 Dodge 3500 reg cab dually 4x4, 6spd auto, Inferno Red, Afe Mega Cannon intake, 5" TBE, XRT
DodgeCTDpower is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2011, 06:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Hey man I have a suncoast billet triple disc.. I loved it but I decided to do a manual swap.. I'm looking to sell my deep pan my converter and my flex plate.. If your interested
Old 07-07-2011, 12:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Military Veteran

iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowblackorgetback View Post
Hey man I have a suncoast billet triple disc.. I loved it but I decided to do a manual swap.. I'm looking to sell my deep pan my converter and my flex plate.. If your interested
What do you want for the converter??
2008 6.7 2500 QCSB BUILT GOEREND 48RE WITH PCS/EFI/BULLSEYE 478 ON STAINLESS 2ND GEN MANIFOLD/ATS DUAL CP3S INDUSTRIAL 120% & DMAX/AIRDOGx2/BBI's/B&B SIDE INTAKE/CARRILLOS/FULL P&P BUILT HEAD/ARP 625/MAXSPOOL CUSTOM CAM/.020 MAHLE CLEVITE PISTONS/GIRDLE/FLUIDAMPR/CALTRACS
Cummins_stalker is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2011, 01:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
So God Made a Farmer..

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
goerends end of story!
Randall's Performance Inc.
Tater
TaterSalad is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2011, 09:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowblackorgetback View Post
Pm sent. I thought the goerends was way expensiive but i guess its 1400 bucks. Lifetime warranty, seems like a no brainer.
Sold: 2007.5 Dodge 3500 reg cab dually 4x4, 6spd auto, Inferno Red, Afe Mega Cannon intake, 5" TBE, XRT
Old 07-07-2011, 11:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Valair makes them now too. Don't know much about them they just started selling them but worth a call. Call Dan or Gary if your interested..
Old 07-07-2011, 12:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Suncoast and Goerend are 2 of the best , cant go wrong with either, i have a Suncoast triple disc and i love it
HurricaneDiesel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDiesel View Post
Suncoast and Goerend are 2 of the best , cant go wrong with either, i have a Suncoast triple disc and i love it
Do you have any transmission modifications or just the triple disk torque converter? Any engine mods also? I am wondering if changing out my torque converter before some transmission mods will just burn up my trany faster?
Old 07-07-2011, 03:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Valair Inc. Clutch

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
I have a Valair Triple Disc converter in my 06 lol
06 QCSB 4x4 MTP s363/s475, Exergy 100%, Motorsports Dual CP3's, DF165, Diesel Pro's 188/220 cam, Maxspool Springs, Fluid dampener, Valair TC, Fully Built 48RE, EFI Live, Isspro, Cal Tracs, Co-pilot, Custom I/C and some other stuff I forgot. 896/1769

www.valairinc.com/performance
Valair1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2011, 03:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

does suncoast have a warranty on their converters? someone said they didnt bc they believe in their product so much they dont have one.. Im not sure
Old 07-07-2011, 11:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
rjp
WWW.SuncoastConverters.co

Thanked 1,066 Times in 836 Posts
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeCTDpower View Post
does suncoast have a warranty on their converters? someone said they didnt bc they believe in their product so much they dont have one.. Im not sure
I'm not 100% but i think its 1 year. What ever it is i can tell you it will not matter. Ive stalled mine so much for long periods of time until it burnt the paint off the thing and it still worked like new. I'm sure the other guys have good products as well but Suncoast is all i know and will get my vote every time. Ive probably had over 20 trannys and converters in my truck in the last 2 years while testing and have had only one issue. On top of that there are quite a few trucks in the 1000+ hp range that have enough 1/4 mile passes on the track to make your head spin with out a hitch.

A stock tranny will see a little more stress as the aftermarket converter will act on what its commanded to to without slipping. But on the other hand the stock TCM is still in control and ultimately will not let things get to much out of hand.

Good luck
M3GA 68 Often Imitated but never Duplicated!! "Original Design" Tested Daily with high horsepower trucks!!

SUNCOAST CONVERTERS
rjp is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.