Cummins Diesel Forum banner

H&S Mini Max delete ?'s

11K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  2011blackcummins 
#1 ·
So I have a quick question about the mini max. I have an EGR delete and cooler delete from H&S that I bought about a month ago ready to go on when I get my programmer. But as the diesel gods would have it, I will be tapped for about a month before I can buy a TBE exhaust.

The reason I want the programmer right now is because I keep throwing codes sending my truck into regen mode. I had my dpf flushed and it's still doing it. All the codes that come up are egr related.

So what im wondering is, will I be safe deleting my egr with the programmer and the delete kit but still running the dpf until I can buy my TBE? On a side note, what is a good complete exhaust kit. From what Ive found, flo pro is a pretty reasonable price product for a 5 incher.

#3 ·
you cant leave the DPF and run delete tunning. It will clog the DPF quick.

you should be able to just delete all the egr and leave the dpf intacted and run the mini maxx just make sure your running dpf friendly tunning. Your check engine light will be on but shouldnt go into limp or anything.

#4 ·
So if I just leave it as is until I can get my exhaust will the mini keep the codes cleared? Does the mini have an option where you can just delete the egr and not the dpf?

#5 ·
i would just wait until you have everything to install at once, i've seen several threads on here that running with the DPF on for an amount of time will throw codes. i do know that the instructions state that if you plan on installing an aftermarket exhaust to install the tuner first (DPF removed tune) and drive the truck if you need to but not more than ~20 miles (IIRC) and then install the aftermarket exhaust.

FWIW, i would just wait, you've waited this long already. Or you could even install everything, keep your downpipe on but just remove the DPF...leave it open until you get your new exhaust. it won't hurt anything to just remove the DPF section, don't take the other filter off though, then you won't have enough back pressure and when you give it too much throttle it will die out.

-John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.