H&S Custom Downloads - Page 2 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 07.5 - 09 6.7 Liter Cummins > 07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Performance Parts Discussion
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 6.7L Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 04:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I havent screwed with my XRT in a little while but if I remember right......when you start to program the truck you can either chose "downloads" or change power level (something gerneric like that). Your custom tunes off the H+S site are in downloads and the standard tunes are in the power level screen (just the basic off the shelf mild, wild, hot).

Like I said I havent looked in a while, but thats how I remember it. I know when I installed my Wild 175 ATT tune it took a LONG time to load, and the last time I just chose standard mild to tow something it was much faster.
2009 Mega Cab 3500 dually 4x4 laramie, 4.10's, Xrt pro, 5" TBE, h&s egr/cooler delete, boost fooler, AEM brute force CAI, GDP Artic heat, GDP Mega flow, GDP air boss 6.7 plenum, smoked recon led running lights, rhino linings bed liner, glow shift gauges, ARP head studs, leveling kit, rockstars with 35" hankook mud terrains.

Turbo swap soon
mymastifftucker is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2011, 04:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

When you download a custom tune to the XRT it doesnt affect the original tunes, they are totally seperate from anything you custom download.

Isnt there also a HD 225 tune? I didnt see where that was mentioned earlier....
2009 Mega Cab 3500 dually 4x4 laramie, 4.10's, Xrt pro, 5" TBE, h&s egr/cooler delete, boost fooler, AEM brute force CAI, GDP Artic heat, GDP Mega flow, GDP air boss 6.7 plenum, smoked recon led running lights, rhino linings bed liner, glow shift gauges, ARP head studs, leveling kit, rockstars with 35" hankook mud terrains.

Turbo swap soon
Old 04-13-2011, 05:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymastifftucker View Post
When you download a custom tune to the XRT it doesnt affect the original tunes, they are totally seperate from anything you custom download.

Isnt there also a HD 225 tune? I didnt see where that was mentioned earlier....
The Custom HD tunes replace your regular "Hot" tune. And yes there is a 225 tune but it's only for people who have done fuel upgrades.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:34 PM   #16 (permalink)
H&S Performance

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Didn't read the whole thread but we quite often have people confused on how the downloads work.

When you download ANY of the dodge tuning online, you are download a tuning GROUP. That tuning group includes all the No Power, MILD, WILD, and HOT power levels for your tuner. This tuning replaces ALL other tuning for your truck on the SD card. If you want the software that your unit came with from the H&S factory, click the latest software link, and don't go into custom downloads.

The MILD, WILD, and HOT DAMN headings on the custom downloads apply to ONLY the HOT power level of that particular tuning group. So lets say you have the WILD power level set on your truck from the MILD tuning group online with NO turbo tuning. That is the EXACT same tune as you will get on the Wild power level from the WILD tuning group with no turbo tuning. So, the NO power, MILD, and WILD are essentially identical in all custom download group levels with exception to the option of turbo tuning.

The TURBO TUNING heading in the custom downloads applies to ALL the tunes in the tuning family. So the NO power, MILD, WILD, and HOT settings will all get turbo tuning if you download a turbo tuning file.

Make sense?
Old 04-13-2011, 11:56 PM   #17 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

dont mean to hijack , but i have question for h&s. im putting a non vgt turbo on my truck and was wondering if the agg. turbo and non agg. turbo tuning would make any difference then or if i should one run over the other? thanks
2010 3500 Crew LB Laramie, G56, BLACKMAXX, ATS H-11 Headstuds, SBC 3600 DD, E.D. Billet S366/74, Steed Speed gated mani, WCC grid heater intake horn, GDP AIRBOSS Grid heater delete, GDP boost tube, AirDog II 165, Fab fours front (pre-runner) and rear bumpers
farmin is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2011, 08:08 AM   #18 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

I am also sorry about this thread Hijack, But the 225 tune was mentioned. If this was run on a stock fuel system, would this just drain your rail pressure and go into limp mode? Or something worse?
Old 04-14-2011, 08:20 AM   #19 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by H&S TECH View Post
Didn't read the whole thread but we quite often have people confused on how the downloads work.

When you download ANY of the dodge tuning online, you are download a tuning GROUP. That tuning group includes all the No Power, MILD, WILD, and HOT power levels for your tuner. This tuning replaces ALL other tuning for your truck on the SD card. If you want the software that your unit came with from the H&S factory, click the latest software link, and don't go into custom downloads.

The MILD, WILD, and HOT DAMN headings on the custom downloads apply to ONLY the HOT power level of that particular tuning group. So lets say you have the WILD power level set on your truck from the MILD tuning group online with NO turbo tuning. That is the EXACT same tune as you will get on the Wild power level from the WILD tuning group with no turbo tuning. So, the NO power, MILD, and WILD are essentially identical in all custom download group levels with exception to the option of turbo tuning.

The TURBO TUNING heading in the custom downloads applies to ALL the tunes in the tuning family. So the NO power, MILD, WILD, and HOT settings will all get turbo tuning if you download a turbo tuning file.

Make sense?

Not really. So if I have the Wild 175 ATT loaded on my XRT, I have to choose the hot setting on my tuner to get that tune?

Turbo swap soon
Old 04-14-2011, 08:47 AM   #20 (permalink)
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymastifftucker View Post
Not really. So if I have the Wild 175 ATT loaded on my XRT, I have to choose the hot setting on my tuner to get that tune?
Yes. The HOT setting is the 175hp or 225hp tune depending which tune you downloaded.
2007.5, 6.7L 2500 4x4 LARAMIE- H&S Performance MCC Mini Maxx with OverDrive, H&S Maxx Flow intake horn, H&S 4" boost tube, H&S 5" TBE straight piped, 3 ATS TC's and 2 ATS Stage 4 68's cooked, SunCoast M3GA68 Big Dawg now, HTT stainless steel 66/71/16 turbo, HTT stainless steel 3rd gen manifold, ARP 625's, Industrial Injection Stage 2 CP3, FASS 150/150, Snow Performance water methanol injection, Capped rail, AFE Mega Cannon, DiPricol Gauges, 4" Superlift/BDS, BOD CA's, GDP X-Bars, GDP CCV Delete, Bushwacker flares, Mag-Hytec diff covers, 20x14 American Force Independence, 33x13.50 Mickey Thompson ATZ's, RDX Billet Grill, Line X, 20% Tint, 12,000K HID's. www.hsperformance.com
SkinInc69 is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to SkinInc69 For This Useful Post:
H&S TECH (04-14-2011)
Old 04-14-2011, 09:24 AM   #21 (permalink)
H&S Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmin View Post
dont mean to hijack , but i have question for h&s. im putting a non vgt turbo on my truck and was wondering if the agg. turbo and non agg. turbo tuning would make any difference then or if i should one run over the other? thanks
The turbo tuning settings will have no effect on a non variable geometry turbo. Just pick from the different fueling options, and don't worry about the turbo settings!

Thanks
Old 04-14-2011, 09:29 AM   #22 (permalink)
H&S Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by AProck View Post
I am also sorry about this thread Hijack, But the 225 tune was mentioned. If this was run on a stock fuel system, would this just drain your rail pressure and go into limp mode? Or something worse?
Yes, the capabilities of the 6.7 CP3 pump is already being put at the ragged edge with our base 175hp tuning. Depending on multiple other variables, you may be able to run the 225, or may not. That is at your discretion. Many trucks make the most power on the 120hp tune, because they cannot maintain substantial rail pressure even on the 175. You may limp mode and throw codes as well. You will likely not hurt anything, but it will not perform at optimum levels.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:21 PM   #23 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Not trying to hijack and technically I guess im not really hi jacking but I have a question of the same nature.

I have a 07.5 and I ran the 120 tune for a while but decided to run the 60 hp tune, simply for longevity and the fact that I tow and its a PITA to change tunes just to tow. Plus I don't need the smoke or race or anything so the 60 suits me well. But it would be nice to get the turbo to spool a little sooner to reduce lag. Is that what the turbo tuning does? And if so what would be the best for me because I know you can get different levels of turbo tuning.

Someone help me out and get me on track with the turbo tuning thing.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
2007.5 Mineral Gray, 4x4, QC, LB, 68rfe, 4" TBE, EGR/cooler delete, Minimaxx w/ od tuning, TS MP-8, CCV open breather, leveled, air-lift bags, Pro Comp shocks, 295/70/18 Terra Grapplers on Gear Backcountrys
Big Red 97' is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2011, 04:20 PM   #24 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Ok so i think i may have it figured out. So the 175 mild, wild and hot on "ATT" is just simply giving you 3 different choices for the 175 tune. However all it does is add the "ATT" to the 60 and 120 tunes and nothing else. I have no need for the 175 and honestly have never installed it on my truck so it means nothing to me. So I could just download any of those 3; 175 mild, 175 wild, 175 hot, seeing that I will never use that particular tune and still get my "ATT" on the 60 hp tune? I poked around on H&S and i think this is correct.

So say I chose the 175 mild ATT tune and downloaded it to my computer and then to my XRT. In my truck I would go through the motions to download a tune to my truck and choose the 60 hp tune and it would have the ATT correct?

And another question do the off-the-shelf tunes that the XRT comes with already have the mild turbo tuning or do they have no turbo tuning? I have heard both so I'm not sure. Just trying to figure out what I can expect?
2007.5 Mineral Gray, 4x4, QC, LB, 68rfe, 4" TBE, EGR/cooler delete, Minimaxx w/ od tuning, TS MP-8, CCV open breather, leveled, air-lift bags, Pro Comp shocks, 295/70/18 Terra Grapplers on Gear Backcountrys

Last edited by Big Red 97'; 04-14-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Big Red 97' is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.