Small puddle of antifreeze under passenger side?? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 07.5 - 09 6.7 Liter Cummins > 07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Performance Parts Discussion
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 6.7L Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2010, 12:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Small puddle of antifreeze under passenger side??

I noticed a small puddle of antifreeze on the ground under the passenger side today. I tried to find where its coming from but could not see any obvious place. The overflow tank is not full or overflowing....same level it has always been.

I always run my blackmaxx on MILD and its set to defuel until cold coolant level is 180.

Is this a headgasket issue?
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2010, 12:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Southern Idaho VP

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Check around the EGR cooler
Boomer6104 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2010, 01:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

My EGR and cooler are deleted...I checked the plugs that were in the delete kit and they are not leaking.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Southern Idaho VP

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Maybe a freeze plug or something
Boomer6104 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2010, 01:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
check the coolant hose in the back side of the turbo, it is somewhat prone to leaking.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Where on the passenger side?
blackmega3500 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Check the hose that comes off the motor that used to go to the egr cooler. If its not tight it will leak and drip down your block, mine did it. Notice in the pic where it looks like its coming from, its actually coming from that hose. I ended up having to put another hose clamp on it along with that one to keep it from leaking.
If you want your truck to be cheap and fast it wont be reliable... If you want your truck to be reliable and cheap it wont be fast... If you want your truck to be fast and reliable it wont be cheap...
bthanks is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2010, 02:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddram View Post
I noticed a small puddle of antifreeze on the ground under the passenger side today. I tried to find where its coming from but could not see any obvious place. The overflow tank is not full or overflowing....same level it has always been.

I always run my blackmaxx on MILD and its set to defuel until cold coolant level is 180.

Is this a headgasket issue?
mine was leaking from the cheesy clamps that hold the egr coolent linebelow the coolant bleeder.can be seen from under the truck next to the oil filter.hope this helps.
09 2500 6.7 6 speed with all the delets and 5" ehaust . black max.s&b cia.6" lift with 37/1250r20 bfg km2s on jesse james outlawsshibby boost tube.boost fooler.:finally got a new 3250 sb dd to get it all to the ground
907 cummins is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2010, 03:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
12s Club

are you sure it's antifreeze and not just condensation off the AC condensor? When the temp drops a bit, and you are using the defrost, there will be a fair bit of water on the ground

4NEATR is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2010, 09:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Found it.....it was impossible to see where it was coming from while underneath the truck. But I was checking around the water pump because I know that was a problem on 07 and 08s, and I saw a drip out of the corner of my eye..........it was leaking where the overflow tube connects under the radiator cap. It would drip down and hit the lower rad hose then run off that to the ground.

I put a hose clamp on it and problem solved. Sometimes its the simple things and I never thought to check that hose
Old 12-31-2010, 09:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Well I thought I had found it but the past week I still had a coolant puddle on the passenger side so I took it to the dealer to get them to replace the water pump under warranty and they did. No more leaks.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
6.7 MODERATOR/IL Chapter VP

Location: Columbia, Illinois ALSO KNOWN AS THE COMMUNIST STATE OF CHICAGO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddram View Post
Well I thought I had found it but the past week I still had a coolant puddle on the passenger side so I took it to the dealer to get them to replace the water pump under warranty and they did. No more leaks.
Water Pump Replaced

This is exactly what I went thru. I jsut found mine right off the bat when I saw it leaking.
Andy 2011 HO Ram 3/4 Crew Cab, Laramie, Short Bed, 4X4 Electronic T-Case, 68RFE, 3:73's, Snow Plow Prep, Line-X, Mopar Side Steps, Smarty Sr S67, Smarty Jr SJ67, Dodge_Made_It_Marco_Helps_Cummins_Shake_It.
Smarty & Smarty POD Information
Remember Elementary School "Cardboard Pizza and Tater Tots in the morning. The smell of Learning."
Onelongshot is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.