Cummins Diesel Forum banner

disadvantages of doing a egr/dpf delete????

19K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Tye 6.7 
#1 ·
hey yall. ive got a 6.7 cummins and my egr is constantly getting clogged. i was considering doing a egr /dpf delete any advantages or disadvantages?? thanks guys.

#4 ·
Disadvantage: ... hmmm, drawing blank ...

Advantage: Better fuel mileage; you can idle to keep your heat or a/c running without thinking, oh crap my truck is idling; no more trips to the stealership; your truck is more fun to drive cause you got a smarty with your delete kit;
your truck will, run better, sound better, smoke out a prius, exhaust brake works better, the oil will stay cleaner cause you're not dumping soot into the intake, your valve clatter will eventually go away, your engine bay will look better without that crap in there...
I've ran my truck for 9 hard months deleted and it is the best vehicle I've EVER had, it works hard and plays hard and wants more but...

#6 ·
I think the biggest disadvantage is that if you have to pass emissions testing you'll have to return to stock. Every year or every other year or whatever. That is the only reason I haven't done it yet.

#10 ·
In my province thay hook up to the obd port and look for codes. No codes you pass. So I dont have to return to stock cuz im running the bm. BM = no codes= pass where I live. Check to see how its tested before you make a decision. I had the edge in before and it would not pass.H&S BM or MM is the way to go.I have also not bin to the stealership since doing the deletes.

#9 ·
Disadvantages???? The only one I can think of is that u don't get to go see your favorite dealer again. LOL!

I got my stuff through James @ RSD. Great guy to deal with and shipping was prompt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.