Cummins Diesel Forum banner

50 Injector nozzils ?

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  BigDawg-Canada 
#1 ·
What are the pros and cons to having injector nozzels? I am running an aftermarket intake with boost tube with a smarty and deletes. What increases will I see power wise?

#2 ·
you will see, more lowend power, fasster spoolup, but higher egts, you should be able manage them, but mileage will suffer for a while, until your use to it, and last but not least, a tranny, you will d harm in the long run with the added power.

#5 ·
most tunes 90 hp and lower wont need studs, remember not to beat a cold motor, i would start at the weak link, get some tranny tuning, then your SAFER for a while. these trucks can make great power with simple mods.

#6 ·
i dont know about the 6.7 but my cousins 5.9 with 75hp injectors spools wicked fast and egts are lower than then his chip with stock injectors and on 60hp setting, and it runs a ton better and almost smokeless puts out a small puff. And he said he picked up .5mpg

Biggest thing we notice was the low end power and spool, i mean as soon as the pedal hits the floor the turbo is lit. Before with stock injectors and chip it wouldnt spin the tire unless you built boost and got them spinning, now just punch the throttle and spins hard halfway through 2nd gear

#7 ·
if your gonna run 50 hp bro the things you could expect to see are a quicker spool up, much better throttle response, more low end quicker, higher EGT's if your romping on it but for example txag on here is running a set of 50 HP and while cruising actually see lower EGT's because a good set of nozzles are more efficient and have a better spray pattern if done correctly,

Reactions: warlock06
#8 ·
i've got 50hp injectors from ddp, i love them! like they said above, quicker spool up and more power. so far i have seen a mile increase, but everytime i try to check it on the odo, i end up with a head wind. on my way to work i normally have 1/8 of a tank left, this last trip i had 1/8 more than normal. i think you will be happy.

#9 ·
Like buck said I have a set of his 50hp nozzles. I have seen lower egts while cruising and a slight increase in mileage. You will defiently feel the low end power especially when towing. I would say give buck a call because his stuff is as good if not better than other companies and best of all his prices are much cheaper.

Now as for making the truck reliable leaving the 6.7 stock is not the way to do that. The majority will tell you that you need to do the deletes and and a smarty or xrt to be code free.

Reactions: rbmedic75
#10 ·
With 50s u will get a better spray pattern and u will see all around gains.50s won't hurt anything I'd do the nozzels first as long as u let ur engine reach it's operating temp beforebu romp on it.more fuel and a better delivery path is better than to much boost any day

#12 ·
they are not hard to instal but they take attention to detail and ARE NOT something that you read the directions AFTER the job is done. there are a couple little things that you must watch out for 1 being the little tiny puck under the nozzle tip its about the size of a straight pin head and if lost so are you because ya get to buy a whole new injector. its a good day job if ya have not done a set before. Remember to check you torque specs for retightening things down I have read a few guys on here that broke the ear off the injector for different reasons. SO READ THE DIRECTION BEFORE AND DURING INSTALL and you should be fine if you have some mechanical abilities.

#13 · (Edited)
here are some directions on how to adjust the valves. it is a really good idea to adjust them after you put everything back together. if you don't, your truck could idle rough. if you need directions on changing the injectors, just ask.

Valve adjustment DIY - DodgeForum.com

#14 ·
yea its not bad just the little pucks are small and be extremely careful on the injector wire harness wires they do not need to be tightenend to much and they break really easy then u have to start over. but not bad did mine in an hr a couple hrs if never done before but not bad at all

#15 ·
Does any one know if there is different spray patterns available and which would be better for say fuel mileage and towing for work trucks versus hp for weekend warriors?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.