40 or 50 hp Injector Nozzle Gains? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 07.5 - 09 6.7 Liter Cummins > 07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Performance Parts Discussion
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 6.7L Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 10:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
40 or 50 hp Injector Nozzle Gains?

I am on a quest for mileage right now. Every company that sells the nozzles advertises 1-2 mpg gains with their nozzles. Has anyone actually installed injector nozzles and noticed a mpg increase?

How about noticeable power increases with small 40-50hp nozzles? I have all the power I need with the Black Maxx, so I'm not looking for large injector nozzles. I assume the Black Maxx will play nice with the larger nozzles, right?
│'07 3500 Laramie Quad Cab 4x4 SRW SB│6.7 / 68RFE│EFILive│StarLite Tuned│Overdrive TCM Tune│4" TBE│BOD Air Horn│GDP Grid Heater Delete│Floor-It CP3 Kit│GDP Maximizer Kit│ARP 2000s│Dynatrac Locking Hubs│
Mopar Muscle is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2010, 11:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Head

I personal think 40-50hp tips are just right, if you are going to be runnings bigger tunes.

The BM would be fine with them.

I have no info on mileage. i would not expect much.

Keep in mind the power rating is for the stock tune, and goes up as you run bigger tunes.
- 07.5 2500 Laramie 4x4 QCSB 6.7L, 68RFE, 3.73, stock tires,Black Maxx, 5" TBE,All deletes,GDP Arctic Air-Boss & Maximizer kit,ARP 2000's,GDP Pro-Gate,XDI intake,Isspro BP DP FP, H&S TCM,DIY CP3 mod. 14.07 @ 96.35 Call Rich @ Glacier Diesel Power
ksseabrd is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2010, 06:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Head

I have a set of 50hp injectors. I didn't see any real solid increase in mileage because I put other stuff on at the same time as well. But I could definetaly tell a the truck had some more power and now the truck can put out a little puff of black smoke
Old 04-19-2010, 04:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by txag09 View Post
I have a set of 50hp injectors. I didn't see any real solid increase in mileage because I put other stuff on at the same time as well. But I could definetaly tell a the truck had some more power and now the truck can put out a little puff of black smoke
What tuning are you running? Any downsides that you noticed? Do you have any other fuel mods to go along with the tips?
│'07 3500 Laramie Quad Cab 4x4 SRW SB│6.7 / 68RFE│EFILive│StarLite Tuned│Overdrive TCM Tune│4" TBE│BOD Air Horn│GDP Grid Heater Delete│Floor-It CP3 Kit│GDP Maximizer Kit│ARP 2000s│Dynatrac Locking Hubs│
Old 04-19-2010, 04:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Head

I am running my smarty on SW8 set to kill with an arson jr. and airdog.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
gains will depend on a lot of things but limiting them to your scope of question about the injector tips, a set of 40-50 hp nozzles that are done "properly" should show gains of an avg 1 mpg under the same driving conditions and habits. the gains are from the proper finish of a set of tips. stock nozzles are not OEM polished and finished to quite the striclt standard that most our aftermarket nozzles are. a true HONED and POLISHED set of nozzles at your rated 40-50 HP will show you lower egt's at cruising, better attomization of the fuel= cleaner oil at changes= and some MPG improvement all becasue when done correctly they are going to be more efficient. The game for the nozzles are to spray the largest amount of correctly attomized fuel into the correct spot of the cylinder piston (the cup). Nozzles that are not finished correctly can and will spray more fuel but may not spray it in the right spot or anywhere near the attomizatoin levels that give you your power from every last attom of the fuel. Remember the holes in these injectors are not just little tiny round holes they are ported to direct the fuel spray we are dealling with measurements down to 5 microns which = 0.000196850394 of an inch. thats less than 2 ten thousandths of an inch. the width of a human hair is .001

But yes you should see gains of up to 1 mpg with a good set of nozzles as well as lower egts while cruising and cleaner engine oil
rbmedic75 is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to rbmedic75 For This Useful Post:
jomobco (04-19-2010)
Old 04-19-2010, 06:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Diesel Head

i dont have any milage gains this was also on my cousins truck but, spoolup was so much faster and power was way more. he said he gained 1mpg 2003 stock everything but quadzilla.
440dart is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2010, 12:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbmedic75 View Post
gains will depend on a lot of things but limiting them to your scope of question about the injector tips, a set of 40-50 hp nozzles that are done "properly" should show gains of an avg 1 mpg under the same driving conditions and habits. the gains are from the proper finish of a set of tips. stock nozzles are not OEM polished and finished to quite the striclt standard that most our aftermarket nozzles are. a true HONED and POLISHED set of nozzles at your rated 40-50 HP will show you lower egt's at cruising, better attomization of the fuel= cleaner oil at changes= and some MPG improvement all becasue when done correctly they are going to be more efficient. The game for the nozzles are to spray the largest amount of correctly attomized fuel into the correct spot of the cylinder piston (the cup). Nozzles that are not finished correctly can and will spray more fuel but may not spray it in the right spot or anywhere near the attomizatoin levels that give you your power from every last attom of the fuel. Remember the holes in these injectors are not just little tiny round holes they are ported to direct the fuel spray we are dealling with measurements down to 5 microns which = 0.000196850394 of an inch. thats less than 2 ten thousandths of an inch. the width of a human hair is .001

But yes you should see gains of up to 1 mpg with a good set of nozzles as well as lower egts while cruising and cleaner engine oil

Thanks for the great reply. So who would you recommend for injector nozzles. Black Ops has a set of 50hp tips. It looks like Dynomite Diesel offers a set of 40hp and 50hp nozzles (not sure if this is an error between sites). I think I might know your answer, so I'll throw in an added question, why are they better?
Old 04-20-2010, 08:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Because when your get BOD nozzles from James at Rollin Smoke diesel your supporting a fellow forum member and the price is pretty good
If you want your truck to be cheap and fast it wont be reliable... If you want your truck to be reliable and cheap it wont be fast... If you want your truck to be fast and reliable it wont be cheap...
bthanks is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2010, 12:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthanks View Post
Because when your get BOD nozzles from James at Rollin Smoke diesel your supporting a fellow forum member and the price is pretty good
I hear you! I bought my BM, delete kits, ARP studs, and steering stabilizer from James. The customer service and the response time from RSD is unreal!!!

I just want to make sure if I bite the bullet on injectors, that the BOD 50hp are the best. Again, I am in it for the mileage, so I want to make sure their injector provide the best possible fuel atomization.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Well I am gonna be a little biased on which nozzles I think are the better I am BOD bro so I believe in and stand behind what I make. I can tell you the process that the BOD nozzles go through are as complete and thorough as you can get for any injector nozzles. I will put my nozzles up against any of the nozzles on the market!!!! there are ways with our trucks to get bigger MPG gains to compliment a good set of nozzles as well the biggest being airflow of course.

Last edited by rbmedic75; 04-20-2010 at 10:32 PM.
rbmedic75 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.