Efi live tuner question - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 6.7L Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 07:18 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan

Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Efi live tuner question

OK HAVE A REAL EASY QUESTION I HOPE..i HAVE A EFI LIVE TUNER ON MY 0 RAM 3500 DULLY QUESTION IS WHEN I GO TO THE TOW MODE TUNE DO I STILL NEED TO SWITCH TO THE TOW MODE ON THE TRUCK WITH SWITCH ON THE COLUMN? ND WHAT IS THE ADVANTAGE OF THAT TUNE? THANKS IN ADVANCE

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 08:57 AM
Cummins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKFIRE12 View Post
OK HAVE A REAL EASY QUESTION I HOPE..i HAVE A EFI LIVE TUNER ON MY 0 RAM 3500 DULLY QUESTION IS WHEN I GO TO THE TOW MODE TUNE DO I STILL NEED TO SWITCH TO THE TOW MODE ON THE TRUCK WITH SWITCH ON THE COLUMN? ND WHAT IS THE ADVANTAGE OF THAT TUNE? THANKS IN ADVANCE
I have a EFI live tuner from Calibrated Power. I am guessing they are all tuned slightly different (different tuners), that said the advantage for mine is additional HP, TQ and trans tuning and yes you should be in Tow/Haul when u are towing. Hope this is what u were asking and it helps

2007.5 RAM 2500 2WD 6.7
EFI Live tuning, Flo Pro Exhaust
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 07:18 AM
Cummins Fan

I'm assuming your referring to the factory (tow/haul) option. This is what helps save your transmission when pulling so yes you need to have this on when towing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 07:49 AM
Cummins Fanatic!

Garage
I would imagine so. If you are towing, you should be setting your transmission to Tow/haul mode and switch to the tow tune (if desired).
As for the benefits of said tune. You should direct that question to whomever installed the tunes to your truck as they would know best for their own tune.

2007.5 DODGE RAM 3500 QCDRW - 6.7L CUMMINS FULL DELETE - H&S INTAKE HORN - STAGE II AFE COLD AIR INTAKE - FASS TITANIUM 95GPH - BEANS DIESEL SUMP - STRAIGHT PIPED - G56 6 SPEED TRANS - RANCH HAND BUMPER

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'09 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 Stock as stock could be.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 12:27 PM
08 Cummins

The advantage of a Tow Tune is that it is going to give you more power than stock but is not going to be so aggressive that you have to worry about damaging things when towing.

Duane

2008 Ram 3500 QuadCab
Hamilton 103# Springs & HD Pushrods, ARP 2000s, EFILive, SB 3250 DD
2014 Jetta TDI 6 SPD Manual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode