Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Creating A Single Event Tune With CSP5

3K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  DMan1198 
#1 ·
Hello,

I recently zeroed out these tables for CSP5 Program #5 but this does nothing.
1. pilot timing, base table
2. pilot timing, air density adjust 1
3. pilot timing, air density adjust 2

when i start the truck and put it on #5, there is no difference in engine sound. I was expecting when I zeroed those tables that it would stop the pilot injection and change the sound. (post is already turned off)

Can someone please tell me what I am missing?

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
Did you also zero out all the pilot quantity tables, and adjust the main timing to compensate for lack of pilot?

My last iteration of a single event tune I had pilot zerod in all the pilot quantity, duration maps, and timing tables, and main timing started at 8.5 degrees or so. That was a full dedicated single event tune with h&s MCC on a 4th gen though.

#10 ·
When you say 8 degrees on the main table where exactly are you starting?

This is what I currently have...

#3 ·
Thank you for the reply. I did adjust the timing +3 to start out.

That is actually just the thing, on the CSP5 switch these are the options I have avilable for tune#5.
I basically zeroed out the 3 tables that started with pilot

If i change in the 'main' then it will make all of the tunes (1-5) a single event right?

#4 ·
I believe that would be the case yes.

#5 ·
So what in the world am I missing here? I have heard of others having a single event for one of their tunes.

#6 ·
Some of them might be utilizing a hex editor, and adding the pilot parameters themselves. The different ecms have different available csp parameters as well.

#7 ·
setting {E5750} to disabled was partially the answer. while it fixed the switch not responding, it still did not turn of the 1st event, that can only be done in the main tables per efi live.

#9 ·
I havent found any real reason, other then to keep the noise down to run a pilot and main. It seems like even the OEM tune runs a single event at high mm3/rpm. Is there any real reason to run it other then 'noise' which I happen to like...

#11 ·
700rpm, and 8mm3 is where I'm talking about having 8 degrees of timing. What you have there will white smoke, and sputter like a mofo since there isn't enough burn time.

#12 ·
Thanks. How do you know when you have hit too much timing?

Also can you tell me what these should be?
2000 rpm / 16 mm3
2000 rpm / 150 mm3
1000 rpm / 150 mm3

#13 ·
The engine makes a pinging sound, though I've never hit that point with my tuning.

You can either add 8 to whatever you've got until where your pilot quantity in a normal tune shut off stock (or hits your current maximum), or I generally take my top end timing value, and lowest value, and build a smooth transition over the whole map between those two values. It takes a bunch of time, but I've had good results running that way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.