Truck dumping antifreeze out of reservoir. - Page 2 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 07.5 - 09 6.7 Liter Cummins > 07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Performance Parts Discussion
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 6.7L Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2009, 10:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Mine has been doing it for a while, it has not gotten any worse. I dont think it is a head gasket. No other signs of a head gasket being blown. Mine only leaves little water spots on the hose below the overflow, never have seen it just pour ot.
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2009, 10:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

The 6.7s don't show normal signs off a blown headgaskets every gasket I've seen has it blows between the cylinders where the stem holes are and it will pressurize the coolant system causing it to puke or spray ... if your coolant resivoir is bubbling and over flowing it's most likely a blown headgasket
Craig
MPD
Craig@MPD is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Craig@MPD For This Useful Post:
6.7 welder (08-10-2009)
Old 08-11-2009, 12:47 AM   #15 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
head gasket..... Same things happenin to my built raptor 700 right now, my oring took a and the compression is blowing into pressurize the coolant and blows it out of the overflow! Check your radiator i bet its low... I even have studs on my quad not that it matters but its funny how this stuffs comes about in the same matter when yo start modding!!

I am only running the 425 studs the cheap arp's ang have complete fueling mods nozzles cp3 and lifter pump and xrt mp8 and no issues, just awaiting my air and i will see if the 425s will do justice wich they should cause every high horse 6.7 right now has only used the 425's
SRT6.7 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2009, 06:47 AM   #16 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Get the 425's.....you be coo.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:56 AM   #17 (permalink)
Dad
Diesel Head

Here is a test kit you can buy that will detect combustion gases in the coolant.

UVIEW 560000 Diesel & Gas Combustion Leak Tester Kit - eBay (item 200276192949 end time Aug-12-09 12:30:48 PDT)
Dad is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dad For This Useful Post:
Onelongshot (08-11-2009), SRT6.7 (08-11-2009)
Old 08-19-2009, 02:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTN23 View Post
But usually with a blown head gasket aren't there other signs? The truck doesn't loose boost or stutter or anything. Wouldn't it be causing something other than just blowing out antifreeze?
Not necessarily. Mine had no other symptoms exept the sound of water sloshing in the dash area, and blowing out antifreeze into the overflow. No water in oil, no oil in water, no overheating. But.... if exhaust gasses are being blown past a compromised head gasket and into the cooling system, you will eventually build up enough pressure to blow past the cap and into the overflow. This would cause the level in the radiator to drop, while the level in the overflow would rise. Mine was definitely a blown head gasket.
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT 4x4 CTD, #6 fuel plate, boost elbow, BD multidisc TC, Transgo shift kit, Isspro gauges, KDP fixed, DDP 75hp sticks, 4K springs.
Albacore is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.