6.7 mods ? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 07.5 - 09 6.7 Liter Cummins > 07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Performance Parts Discussion
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 6.7L Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 08:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
6.7 mods ?

OK guys i have an 07.5 6.7 w 14k miles and have done some reading but would like some different opinions on where i should start on adding power and mileage to my truck . If it helps any im a welder so its carrying a load all the time and as is now im not impressed w the truck , could be bc i loved my 01 so much but any input will be appreciated thanks
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2009, 09:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Unreconstructed

Thanked 4,156 Times in 2,787 Posts
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
First off, I would recommend calling my buddy James @ Rollin Smoke Diesel.

Secondly, for your question: I would recommend an H&S Performance XRT tuner, a 5" TBE, H&S EGR delete (complete with cooler delete), AFE Mega Cannon intake, AirDog 150 lift-pump.

All of these should help improve mileage.
Special thanks to: www.rollinsmokediesel.com , Shibby Engineering, Black Ops Diesel, Motorsport Diesel, & EFI Live
Alabama Mud Machine is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2009, 10:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Head

I'd hold off on the XRT for a month or so. In my opinion, it isn't worth buying when they are set to release with H&S Black and MiniMaxx. They provide much better value - with guages and on the fly adjustability. That's leaps and bounds above having to wait 10+ minutes to switch tunes on the XRT.

To me, the Mega Cannon was overpriced. The Stage II does just fine for considerably less. And the S&B is a good package as well for a MUCH cheaper price.

Again, I prefer the Shibby EGR Cooler delete over the H&S one. Sure, the H&S has a better intake manifold block off plate (looks wise), but I'm not sure I want to block the coolant at the block (like the H&S kit does) for the cooler. I'll let other people be guinea pigs with that one.

I'd agree with the 5" kit for sound. You really won't see a performance difference between 4" and 5" if you are making less than 550 rwhp. The sound will be slightly different, with the 5" kit being deeper.

Personally, I'd wait a month, get one of the new H&S on-the-fly tuners, pick an intake you like (they all do pretty much the same), and get whatever exhaust you want.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

I wasn't crazy about my truck til I did the deletes and got a tuner(I'd wait for the new HS one if I were you). The power goes WAY up and the fuel milage gets way better. My truck is friggin' awesome now. You'll love your truck by starting with these mods.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

how hard is it to make it ready to go back to the dealership for warranty work with the blackmaxx dpf and egr deletes and does an s&b intake void any warranty ??? sry not much of mechanic especially this new stuff
Old 05-22-2009, 05:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

where is james n rollin smoke located
Old 05-22-2009, 05:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

By the looks of it you have warranty concerns . If thats the case id start by establishing the "flexability" of your dealership. ie: how many mods will he turn his head to ?

let that guide how hot and heavy you get . that said even a strict dealer should let you go with a dpf/egr delete and an edge even if you have to swap em out for each dealer visit its worth it imo.

After that most of the signatures you see here on CF will give you a rather good idea of what runs well and gets good power.

Good luck and enjoy that 6.7 . they just need a little massage and they run hard.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Smells like Bananas

Thanked 1,464 Times in 818 Posts
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
I know the Smarty has improved my MPG but I dont know how much. I don't fill up as often any more. pretty much all of my driving at the moment is in the city and my foot stays in it. Being that you are a welder I imagine you carry a loaded truck, welder and all of your gear. IF you are not looking to race (which I imagine not, just power and MPG's) I would just do the a few things, Smarty, Air Intake (I like AFE), 4" or 5" TBE, and gauges (Boost/Pyro). Since you are a welder you probably get in some dusty sites, If so get a Air Intake that uses a Oiled filter not a dry filter (dry filters don't filter as good). Is your truck manual or auto? If its a manual I would think about a South Bend clutch (not until this one goes). After all of that is done I would yank that turbo and put a 64 or 66 on there and call it good.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

its funny u say that bout the clutch when im gettin on it in second going to third it is really rough and a loud knocking noise comin from the tranny even like when u have to go on the brakes hard n push the clutch in ive wanted to take it to the dealership but cnt b without my truck for long amounts of time bc of work
Old 05-22-2009, 06:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

if it is a manual you will need a clutch stock is junk
Old 05-22-2009, 07:25 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmtx View Post
how hard is it to make it ready to go back to the dealership for warranty work with the blackmaxx dpf and egr deletes and does an s&b intake void any warranty ??? sry not much of mechanic especially this new stuff
My dealer was not "perfomance friendly" when I took my truck in for some minor service work. However the service manager said he would repair anything under warranty as long as it was not directly related to any mods.

Once the deletes are done, it would be pretty difficulty to go back-IMO it's worth it. I think the programmers for the 6.7s are all detectable now, some of the other guys on the forum may know differently.

They're really great trucks, you just have to unlock their potential. Good luck.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:33 AM   #12 (permalink)

weii thanks guys i guess now i just need to break down nspend the money any more advice would apreciated
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.