Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Guys go pull your power steering caps off and inspect!

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  rickb1422 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I wanted to make this post and hopefully it will help some others out there. Ive been fighting this power steering leak, and today I finally got sometime to go check it out. At first I thought one of the PS cooler lines was leaking as I could see a "wet" area around the PS pump and left evidence in the driveway. Well for the hell of it I pulled the power steering cap and noticed my o-ring on the PS cap, had torn, letting PS past it and covering the engine compartment in fluid. I should of took a picture of it with my cell phone...I also noticed underneath the cap, and amount of CRUD that accumilated underneath the cap was huge. I had a whole slew of o-ring laying around and just replaced it but just wanted to pass this on for future reference for anyone with a PS leak, id check this out first.

#2 ·
my cap is all messed up, i tried to take it apart and clean it and drill bigger vent holes in it but it still seems to hold too much pressure and pops off into my hand when i open it and the pressure is causing a leak at the master/hydro boost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.