How can I make my ride more comfortable with less bounce? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 07.5 - 09 6.7 Liter Cummins > 07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Non-Powertrain
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Non-Powertrain Discussion of Accessories, Interior, everything not power related...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2008, 07:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
How can I make my ride more comfortable with less bounce?

Ok.. I don't know if it's just me, but my truck is just way too bouncy for my liking and it comes to the point were the ride is not comfortable for everyone... Is there something that I can do to reduce the bounce so that it will ride comfortable? Sorry, I am not familiar with this, so I really appreciate the help!
2007.5 RAM 2500 MegaCab (Black), 6.7L Cummins... Auto, 2WD, Truck came with no DPF and EGR, Smarty 67 ME, EDGE w/Hot unlock (turned to zero), MP-8 (turned down to zero - soon to be for sale), S&B CAI, RAAMMAT soundproofing (mostly done), Bilstein 5100 shocks, Rear wheel well liners, Access Loredo roll up cover.
hmathews is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2008, 07:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Smoother Ride

Check Your Tires For Over Inflated. If They Are Let Them Dowm To 50 Or 55. Get A Set Of Bilstien Shocks.
2006 2500 QUAD CAB-AUTO-5 INCH TURBO BACK-JACOBS EXHAUST BRAKE-BUMPER TO BUMPER AMSOIL-BUCKSTOP BAJA-BUSHWACKERS-CFM+-COLD AIR INTAKE AMSOIL4510-SMARTY JR.--STAINLESS 6 INCH TIP-5 INCH ROUGH COUNTRY LIFT -STAINLESS WIRE MESH GRILL-CAB LIGHTS-WHORE RED-391RWHP-704TQ
BIGREDMACHINE is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2008, 07:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREDMACHINE View Post
Check Your Tires For Over Inflated. If They Are Let Them Dowm To 50 Or 55. Get A Set Of Bilstien Shocks.
Does Bilstein give you a better ride?
2007.5 RAM 2500 MegaCab (Black), 6.7L Cummins... Auto, 2WD, Truck came with no DPF and EGR, Smarty 67 ME, EDGE w/Hot unlock (turned to zero), MP-8 (turned down to zero - soon to be for sale), S&B CAI, RAAMMAT soundproofing (mostly done), Bilstein 5100 shocks, Rear wheel well liners, Access Loredo roll up cover.
hmathews is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2008, 08:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

Had my 35 bfg ats put on the other day 35 psi rides alot better. Now the TPMS warning light stares me in the face but W.T.F! the ride much better I can deal with that...
frank306boat is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2008, 08:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Shocks

I Believe They Took The Edge Off. A While Back I Aired Up My Tires For Milage And After A Month Of That I Had To Let Them Down And I Think I Could Go Down Another 10. Most Everybody Here Thinks The 5100 Bilstiens Are The Ticket
2006 2500 QUAD CAB-AUTO-5 INCH TURBO BACK-JACOBS EXHAUST BRAKE-BUMPER TO BUMPER AMSOIL-BUCKSTOP BAJA-BUSHWACKERS-CFM+-COLD AIR INTAKE AMSOIL4510-SMARTY JR.--STAINLESS 6 INCH TIP-5 INCH ROUGH COUNTRY LIFT -STAINLESS WIRE MESH GRILL-CAB LIGHTS-WHORE RED-391RWHP-704TQ
BIGREDMACHINE is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2008, 08:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

check this out best thing I have done to my truck and anything I have in the future will get these right off the lot
https://sulastic.com/Default.aspx watch the vids except the cartoon one
Old 07-15-2008, 08:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Sell it and buy a Chevy.
2006 Ram 2500, QCSB 4x4 CTD, 48RE, 35x12.50x17 Cooper STT's, 2" level, IceBox Cold Air Intake, Edge Juice w/ Attitude, FarmBoyDiesel 5" turbo back exhaust, Rhino Lining, Weather Guard saddle box (black), debadged.
AriesRam2500 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2008, 08:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

or a ford... those things always seem to sag! those sulastics look pretty damn cool though! might be worth a try!
Old 07-15-2008, 08:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Dodges are notoriously bouncy rides. I do like how they handle compared to chevys and gms I have to drive which feel like big boats. Bilstien shocks will be an improvement for sure. Getting a better quality ride depends on how much you want to spend. Anywhere from $300 to $6K. Kore and Lorenz are good places to start your research. Good luck!
Old 07-15-2008, 08:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Valair Performance Clutch

let some air out of the tires, some heavy duty shocks, and/or add some weight in the bed! I have 800-1000 pounds in my tool box at all times it helps alot!
940-468-4542

nick03 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2008, 09:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

That sulastic thing looks like it works pretty well. Never seen one before. Liftman, how much does it help the ride? For the price it might be worth it to try.

PMT in SRT-10 pillar || MP-8 || AFE MegaCannon (Thanks K2/Keven!) || Quad Boost Fooler || Autometer Boost Gauge || BADP 5" SS TBE || K2 Complete EGR Delete
KBosworth06 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2008, 09:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
Dey took er jerbs!

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Buy a half ton truck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.