06 and newer ac compressor failure. How many???? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 07.5 - 09 6.7 Liter Cummins > 07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Non-Powertrain
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7L Non-Powertrain Discussion of Accessories, Interior, everything not power related...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2011, 01:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
06 and newer ac compressor failure. How many????

I just want to know how many of you had to have your ac compressors replaced due to the bolt breaking off in the center of the clutch. I know this is an issue that is going ignored. It's on the 06 and newer trucks. Whether it was warrantied or not, please post ...
08 2wd longbed. Deletes. Egr blocked. edge on 6 . G56. No muffler. Hogged out factory intake horn. No heat grid. Fuel rail plugged. . Missing turbo ring. quadzilla boost fooler. Valair double ceramic clutch.
dr.olds4554 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2011, 01:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
i have a awful rattling which i think its the bearing bad on the ac compressor. So just orderd a new one off ebay for 256.00. Should be here soon.
Robbie Stumbo,07.5 dodge 2500 mega 4x4, Bod 80hp nozzles, stage 3.5 pump, htt 64 with s480, mp8, ats trans with copilot, WCC intake, arp 625 studs and EFI and tcm tuned by Dave Mathews 759 hp and 1358 tq.
black06cumminz is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2011, 02:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Head

You can check out these links they may help you out a little with the a/c clutch.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/6-...what-do-i.html

Possible DIY fix for AC compressor clutches that are going bad

a/c compressor
dr.olds4554 (03-08-2011)
Old 03-08-2011, 07:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by black06cumminz View Post
i have a awful rattling which i think its the bearing bad on the ac compressor. So just orderd a new one off ebay for 256.00. Should be here soon.
When you get it I hope you change the bolt in the center of the clutch.. M8 x 1 inch. Get a 12.9 grade to replace the factory junk..
08 2wd longbed. Deletes. Egr blocked. edge on 6 . G56. No muffler. Hogged out factory intake horn. No heat grid. Fuel rail plugged. . Missing turbo ring. quadzilla boost fooler. Valair double ceramic clutch.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:00 AM   #5 (permalink)

yeah my 06 has 117,000 miles and my Compressor clutch just went out. It makes a rattling sound all the time now and sometimes you can smell the clutches burning. Is that something Dodge made a recall on?
Old 05-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by farlesbarkley View Post
yeah my 06 has 117,000 miles and my Compressor clutch just went out. It makes a rattling sound all the time now and sometimes you can smell the clutches burning. Is that something Dodge made a recall on?
That sounds like the clutch just burned out. What a lot of us have had happen is the clutch just falls off when the center bolt breaks off.. As far as I know there isn't any recall on either. There should be on the bolt issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.